Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i ordered my ECM pin (72076-00) (2008 DX) and located the unit under the rear seat (i think ?)

but i have a feulpak , and there are two light coloured units with the two rows of pins pic attached

is it the top or the bottom one ?

now the top one have pin in every hole , the bottom , which i assume is the bike's OE unit has some missing but i cannot see any blue plug which others have mentioned ?

where am i locating this purchased pin to pick up the pin#3 tacho feed ?

many thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
ok i ordered my ECM pin (72076-00) (2008 DX) and located the unit under the rear seat (i think ?)

but i have a feulpak , and there are two light coloured units with the two rows of pins pic attached

is it the top or the bottom one ?

now the top one have pin in every hole , the bottom , which i assume is the bike's OE unit has some missing but i cannot see any blue plug which others have mentioned ?

where am i locating this purchased pin to pick up the pin#3 tacho feed ?

many thanks
It's hard to tell for sure because of the poor quality of your picture but I placed a red oval around what looks like the OEM 36 position Packard ECM socket connector.

This connector is gray (it would look grey to you) and has a clear plastic cap (called a secondary lock) covering two rows of socket terminals. It should be connected to a large factory wire harness.

The other connectors (surrounded by green and blue) appear to be for a piggyback fuel management device.

The Tach signal is found on pin #3 of the ECM. Your "blue surrounded" piggyback device socket connector plugs into the ECM and the "red surrounded" OEM socket connector plugs into the "green surrounded" piggyback pin connector. If the piggyback connectors have all the pins as you mention, then the Tach signal will be found on pin #3 of the "green surrounded" connector after you plug the "blue surrounded" connector into the ECM. In order to send this signal to another device you need to put the 72076-00 socket terminal (with a wire attached) into position #3 of the "red surrounded" connector.

I assume you have a manual (service or electrical diagnostic). The procedure for installing socket terminals in the ECM connector is shown in the Appendix at the back of the manual under PACKARD ECM CONNECTOR / PACKARD 100W CONNECTOR REPAIR.

Attachments

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
brillant that does make sense , just wanted to make sure before i start

yes the red connector is connected the main bike loom which would normally plug straight into the black main box.

thanks a lot for your help !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts