Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the powercommander web site to look at down loads. This what I have:

M809-006 - Samson "Long Slashers" exhaust (1 3/4" baffles), Stock ECM and Screamin Eagle air filter

What does Stock ECM mean?

Doug

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
Its the factory download that comes with the bike.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I already have the PCIII on my bike and can I use this down load? I know longer have the factory EMC.

·
Vrod-less...........
850 Posts
sospolice said:
If I already have the PCIII on my bike and can I use this down load? I know longer have the factory EMC.
If you have the SE Stage1 download you need to switch maps to m809-011. Remember that the pc3r still runs with the ECM. If you never upgraded to the SE1 flash then the current map you are using is correct.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry about the stupid questions...The dealer installed the PCIII. How do I know what map is on it? To begin. I had the bike stock. I added the Samson Long Slashers and took it to the dealer. The K&M filter was installed and a Harley Download was injected. This download was for the HD SE 16ga Double Barrells. I later took it to another dealer and had the PCIII installed and the bike really is good now but after talking to the service guys at these dealerships, I find that they know very little about the VRod and the EFI set up. Having said that, I'm trying to learn more on my own. Now I would like to know what map I have on my ride and see if it matches up to the equipment I have. Any suggestions would be very welcomed.

Doug

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
With the PCIII you can simply plug your computer into the PCIII and use the PC software to see what map is loaded. You have the SE download for the 16Ga pipes so your ECM is not stock. Remember that when you look up the usage for the PC downloads.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts