Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Retired Devil Dog
Joined
·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone experienced an '07 ECM failure? Removed fueler and installed SERT,
MAP loaded good but got historic DTC 1016 which is loss of ECM serial data, not good. No current faults just historic, reset and comes back. Blew ECM fuse while riding, was down the street from dealer. Took bike to dealer and service manager says DTC 1016 is not good. Apparently, he has 2 SERTs on his desk that caused ECMs to fail, '07 ECMs are on back order with no relief in sight. Diagnostic manual says to check for open/short and if good replace ECM! Anyone heard anything relating to this?......DC
 

·
Color me Gone
Joined
·
27,333 Posts
DiabloCanine said:
Anyone experienced an '07 ECM failure? Removed fueler and installed SERT,
MAP loaded good but got historic DTC 1016 which is loss of ECM serial data, not good. No current faults just historic, reset and comes back. Blew ECM fuse while riding, was down the street from dealer. Took bike to dealer and service manager says DTC 1016 is not good. Apparently, he has 2 SERTs on his desk that caused ECMs to fail, '07 ECMs are on back order with no relief in sight. Diagnostic manual says to check for open/short and if good replace ECM! Anyone heard anything relating to this?......DC
Never heard of a sert causing an ecm to fail. After all the sert only puts a flash on it like the bios of your computer, it really doesn't change anything that should cause a fuse to blow. I suggest you pull your plug back out from where you removed your fueler and double check all your connections. It is the first 07 ecm I have seen reported with any problems and you would think if that many failed we would have heard something about it.
 

·
Dilligaf
Joined
·
5,393 Posts
Max said:
Never heard of a sert causing an ecm to fail. After all the sert only puts a flash on it like the bios of your computer, it really doesn't change anything that should cause a fuse to blow. I suggest you pull your plug back out from where you removed your fueler and double check all your connections. It is the first 07 ecm I have seen reported with any problems and you would think if that many failed we would have heard something about it.
Hi Max, What would happen if while loading new flash you loose connection half way through? Does it erase current flash before installing new? If it does erase the current flash and the new flash has trouble is there a way to get back in to try and flash again if it failed?
 

·
Color me Gone
Joined
·
27,333 Posts
Spaz said:
Hi Max, What would happen if while loading new flash you loose connection half way through? Does it erase current flash before installing new? If it does erase the current flash and the new flash has trouble is there a way to get back in to try and flash again if it failed?

If your flash fails you should be able to start the flash again. If it fails though it should tell you it could not complete the task or tell you it failed. One thing people do neglect to do is if you had a flash from your dealer installed I suggest you have the dealer flash the ecm back to stock before you install a flash with a sert, there are some tables it seems the sert will not write to but the scanalyzer will.
 

·
Dilligaf
Joined
·
5,393 Posts
Thanks Max, I was just wondering if that senario would cause the ecm to become fubar and maybe the cause of some of the ecm failures.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top