Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all,

Does anyone know how I can figure out which ECM (part number) I have installed on my stock '05 VRSCSE? It should be as easy as opening my Service Manual; however, supposedly the last 300 production VRSC for 2005 are different. Most '05s have a ECM part number ending with -05 and the remaining 300 (or so I'm sure) have a part number of -05A. It is to my understanding that the change in ECM part numbers had to do with the new 06s rolling out.

I need to figure this out before I can go ahead with my Stage 1 upgrade (SE Air Filter, Pro-Slip pipes and Topless)... as it appears that there is a "Flash" for -05 part numbers, but not the -05A (at least with my intended set-up). Any insight on this subject would be greatly appreciated :coff: .

Rich

243 Posts
Rodzilla13 said:
Howdy all,

Does anyone know how I can figure out which ECM (part number) I have installed on my stock '05 VRSCSE? It should be as easy as opening my Service Manual; however, supposedly the last 300 production VRSC for 2005 are different. Most '05s have a ECM part number ending with -05 and the remaining 300 (or so I'm sure) have a part number of -05A. It is to my understanding that the change in ECM part numbers had to do with the new 06s rolling out.

I need to figure this out before I can go ahead with my Stage 1 upgrade (SE Air Filter, Pro-Slip pipes and Topless)... as it appears that there is a "Flash" for -05 part numbers, but not the -05A (at least with my intended set-up). Any insight on this subject would be greatly appreciated :coff: .

Rich

Straight from HDNET -
06VRSCSE / 1250 Stage 1 Race / Cartridge Part # 34307-06 (Avail Feb.06)
Calibration ID # 34308-06
Required configeration: SE Air Cleaner & SE Performance Slip-Fits Mufflers.

· SNAFU
13,094 Posts
Open up the left side cover and look at the white tag attached to the serial buss connector. It will give you the ECM part number and base calibration installed on your bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts