Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Paintless Rider
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought my bike used, 02a. Came with SE air filter, and looked like the pipes had been changed and later changed back. I'm guessing that it had the ECM flashed for the pipe change. I put on a PC3, and tried to run it on the stock map, and it ran poorly and stalled out. Convinced me even more the fuel curve had been adjusted. Going to the dealer on Monday to have the ECM read to see if it has any flash on it. If it does, is it possible to reflash it back to stock? Service said over the phone that the computer gives them some warning screen about doing it.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
You need to have the pc3 off the bike when you do it and yes the dealer can flash the bike back to stock.

·
Paintless Rider
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Max said:
You need to have the pc3 off the bike when you do it and yes the dealer can flash the bike back to stock.
The original plugs I pulled out looked black, and sooty, which led me to believe it was rich. I only put the PC3 on to help me trouble shoot, and in preparation for my new pipe. I took it off until I get this settled. How do I convince them it can be reflashed to stock? Is there any thing I can print to bring them?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
parkus said:
The original plugs I pulled out looked black, and sooty, which led me to believe it was rich. I only put the PC3 on to help me trouble shoot, and in preparation for my new pipe. I took it off until I get this settled. How do I convince them it can be reflashed to stock? Is there any thing I can print to bring them?
I guess I'm at a loss there. You mean to tell me your dealer doesn't know he can return any ecm to stock with his scanalyzer. Maybe you should have them call tech assistance as they wouldn't believe anything we say anyway. Or you might shop for a different dealer if another is handy.

·
Paintless Rider
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I figured I'd have to do pretty much what you said. I'm giving these guys a chance first because I have heard better things about them than the other local. At least they knew where the port to connect the scanalyzer was. When I go Monday I will push them further on the reflash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts