Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found some $370 or so ZEX kits on Ebay. They are dry kits (sprayed directly into airbox). I want something simple yet effective for my bike, with as little install complications. Would one of these work?

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
http://www.dynotunenitrous.com
These guys are really helpful and I had a lot of fun building my own kit and not just buying one that bolted on in an hour, even though mine was really easy. Now be prepared for the Boss-Noss dudes to get on here and pimp it. Its all good, the important thing is that you join the Blue Bottle Club.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For real?

metallica0099 said:
http://www.dynotunenitrous.com
These guys are really helpful and I had a lot of fun building my own kit and not just buying one that bolted on in an hour, even though mine was really easy. Now be prepared for the Boss-Noss dudes to get on here and pimp it. Its all good, the important thing is that you join the Blue Bottle Club.
Is that whole kit only $200? WHile I do like Boss-Noss, it's way outta my league for now. BUt $200-$400 or so (better to be $200) woudl be best. Explain how easy it was to install and how does it perform?

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
frook said:
Is that whole kit only $200? WHile I do like Boss-Noss, it's way outta my league for now. BUt $200-$400 or so (better to be $200) woudl be best. Explain how easy it was to install and how does it perform?
The install was fairly easy, you just have to be practical about it. Dont make it harder than it is. I have a lot of pics in my gallery of my setup so you can get an idea. It performs just like its supposed to. I have no complaints and it hasnt given me any problems, whatsoever. The only problem people have run into is mounting. You will have to have a custom mount made for the bottle size they sell. If you happen to get a "NOS" brand bottle, I have custom made mounts for sale that already fit the frame downtube. Its really easy to install. I am only running a 30hp jet and thats more than enough to make your bull run. Its just important to get your fuel/nos mixture right. I was going to switch the 40hp jet but I seem to have lost it. I have 2 10 oz. bottles and I can spray a couple times a day, 1-5 gears, for an entire week and still have some left over. You'd be surprised at how fast you get to top speed with nitrous.

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
The guys at DynoTune are really helpful. I called them a couple of times in order to make sure I got all I needed. And SmokenJoe01 helped me out, too.

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
frook said:
I have found some $370 or so ZEX kits on Ebay. They are dry kits (sprayed directly into airbox). I want something simple yet effective for my bike, with as little install complications. Would one of these work?
Go with dynotunenitrous, best bang for your buck!

·
Banned
868 Posts
frook said:
Ok, I must be crazy. Found this online and bid on it. I was the winner. Ok, so who thinks this is pretty much awesome?...lol

CLICK HERE FOR NEWLY FOUND HEAVEN!!!
That works. Looks like a good deal to me. Even though some people may consider me a Boss Noss Pimp:angeldev:

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
Yep that is a good deal for that dynotune nitrous kit, you will just have ta FAB brackets and you will be set. Post pics when it is installed.

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
frook said:
DHL just delivered my system!!! I cant wait to get home!!! Any mounting ideas?
Down tube of the frame. Do you already have mounting brackets made???

·
Inked up Irishman
2,829 Posts
well how does it look????

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Need Help ID'ing my nitrous kit parts

Ok guys, need your help. Help me ID these parts. I know what most of them are, but truth is, some of it confuses me so shoot me some help. Thanks in advance...Frook

Brackets (might not use)

Nozzle Jets

Not Sure (maybe sort of blocks / stops)

Main nitrous lines (solenoid on left slides up and down a bit)

Plastic lines / tubes

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
The last picture are the lines that go to your velicity stacks.
The main line goes from the bottle to the soleniod,and the wire should
run to a activator switch,then to your horn button.
From the out side of the soleniod install a tee,and run both lines to your
velicity stacks.Drill and tap a 1/8 npt into your stacks.
Thats the way mine works,hope this helps.

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
here is a link

If you click on the INSTRUCTIONS link they will e-mail you a copy.

Your bottles are different than most as those blue brackets(YOU HAVE TO USE THEM WITH THOSE BOTTLES) are your valves and you remove them and add a special filler nozzle to get the bottles filled.

you have a purge solenoid and a NO2 solenoid.

If you have questions PM me or METALLICA0099 and either will be more than happy to help!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, I started the install on my bike. I didn't have too much time on my hands so all I did was one side. I really like the way it is looking. I thnk it gives the bike a very bad-ass feel to it. And it is different...which I like. I will open it up to comments or opinions, but please keep it clean. Thanks a ton everyone.

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
Did you drill into the frame to mount those brackets?

What fuel management system are you using?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts