Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered Confuser
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
4,638 Posts
Looks like the only thing left that would be good is the air in the tires and valve stem caps ..... :ride: :ride:

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
this is the 2nd time it's been on still 0 bids lol :laugh: :laugh:

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
It would be hard to drop that kind of change on a bike that has so much damage with no more information then they provide and the salvage title makes it very hard to sell even after you drop a fortune in it to fix it up. The reality is that the bike is worth maybe 6-8k tops. IMHO

Max

·
Registered Confuser
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It seemed to me that just to buy the short list of parts listed, you would be over the sticker price of a brand new ride. Especially if you add professional labor cost to it. Every major piece bend or broken.
Oh well, to each is own.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Karl this is just a guess but since the front is intact so to speak it looks as though the rider just lost it and that hopefully means no sudden impact but rather a slide that still hurts but usually lets you walk away.

Max

·
Tired of the crap
2,819 Posts
Apart from the trim pieces, it looks like the engine is in good shape. And the frame appears only to be bent near the footpegs - which I believe is the "bolt-in" section, so I think you could fix that pretty easily. For someone who was planning on upgrading many/most/all of the rest of the bike - it might not be a bad place to start, if the price was right. But $11 grand? You've got $2000 in chrome covers for the engine alone, and by the time you add a swingarm, fork assembly, two wheels, and the entire bodywork kit - you are at more than the cost of a new V-Rod.

The only way that bike will roll again is as replacement parts for other bikes.

·
20 Eyes in my Head
5,557 Posts
Like Karl said, I also wonder how the rider is (was?). Man, seeing wrecked bikes can be a cold hard slap in the face dose of reality.

Gary

1 - 10 of 10 Posts