Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Biker 4 Life
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always look forward to going to the easyrider show in Columbus, OHIO. That weird a.. CycleWorld show in Cleveland is for a different kind of rider and I do not like it at all.

·
Registered
329 Posts
So the columbus show is nice? I went to the cleveland show last week and was very underwhelmed based on the hype and what others had told me. Found out that it was smaller than the previous years.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Progressive International Motorcycle show?

So the columbus show is nice? I went to the cleveland show last week and was very underwhelmed based on the hype and what others had told me. Found out that it was smaller than the previous years.
The Cleveland show was a flat-out fockin' joke. They should be ashamed of such lack of effort.
Very few customs, very few antiques and very few aftermarket vendors. They did however have a sham-wow booth!

This show used to be jam-packed with all the above mentioned, an all day event. Took me less than 2 hours and I couldn't wait to leave. I have not gone in 4-5 years due to the diminishing involvement and now am done for sure.

·
Biker 4 Life
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hope the Columbus show does not dissapoint.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
i went to the columbus last year and wasn't all that impressed. now this year i know that i won't be there, can't make it prior commitment. but i did find out that i actually know one of the models, she is a supervisor in dayton where i drive to every night at work. i'll ask her if she will be there this weekend.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
The Cleveland show was a flat-out fockin' joke. They should be ashamed of such lack of effort.
Very few customs, very few antiques and very few aftermarket vendors. They did however have a sham-wow booth!

This show used to be jam-packed with all the above mentioned, an all day event. Took me less than 2 hours and I couldn't wait to leave. I have not gone in 4-5 years due to the diminishing involvement and now am done for sure.
I say the lack of people showing up is due to global warming.I know a guy in Cincinnati and he told me today that next week they are going to experience one of those unbearable miserable heat waves.He says the temps should make it up almost as high as 20° Fahrenheit.
I don't know how yall handle it?:rofl:

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Maybe they should move the show down to Florida and have it in March,or October when the weather is fair.
Hey,we could call these events Bike Week and Biketoberfest.People would come from all around the world,half a million strong just like Woodstock was,only these events could happen every single year for many years to come.

Hmmmm,I just might be onto something big,very big here.:rofl:

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
I say the lack of people showing up is due to global warming.I know a guy in Cincinnati and he told me today that next week they are going to experience one of those unbearable miserable heat waves.He says the temps should make it up almost as high as 20° Fahrenheit.
I don't know how yall handle it?:rofl:
Maybe they could use some of that hot florida air that's always blowing outta yer azz. :moon: ...........But you can keep all that rain!

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Maybe they could use some of that hot florida air that's always blowing outta yer azz. :moon: ...........But you can keep all that rain!

Ya well,the Earth needs a good quenching and the rain,along with the hurricanes don't last very long at all.I'm just about centered in the state with 70 and 80ft tall trees all around my home to break the high winds.We see about 60mph winds from a serious hurricane and that's not to bad at all.I've lost one tree in 20 years!

Here again,this is what it looks like just out the french doors from where I sit at my computer,eat toast and drink coffee as I get ready to walk the laborious 100ft to work each morning.
The other was a sun set riding down the high way on my bike from a cell phone the other day.

You guys do remember what green,sun sets and riding was like during your 6 week season of summer last year,don't ya?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
i talked to Sarah last night, she said that she won't be there.but she will be at the easyriders benifit ride and concert in april in columbus. i'll get a website and date for it to pass along.

·
∙·
244 Posts
My first easy rider show was Jan in Charlotte.. $15 to get in.. Very few custom bikes.. It was a complete waste of time.. I expected great things but will never go back..

·
NSFW
1,984 Posts
You can have your riding in Fla Elrod. The land of the anti-dragon roadways: 310 miles and 11 turns!

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
You can have your riding in Fla Elrod. The land of the anti-dragon roadways: 310 miles and 11 turns!
You've never ridden enough in Florida if that's what you think.There are roads loaded with sharp cornering.The nice thing is there are roads for all riding likes.Granted,it aint the Ozarks,but I like florida the best of any where.I actually prefer the hilly roads in and around the horse farms with minimum curves when I'm out just cruising around,especially with my wife on the bike.Most every farm and ranch in my general area are very well kept fancy places and they are beautiful.
One of the greatest things about where I live is the fact that I can ride about 300 days out of the year.More if I go out in the cold or the rain.

One thing I've never done that I think I would like to try is snow mobiling.A guy I used to do biz with has a nice spread in NC.One season I'm gonna make it up there and give snow mobiling a shot.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Never been to it before but my friends who own the Ford dealership said every year it gets worse and worse!

·
Ron Cooper
1,809 Posts
I go every year for free and if I had to pay I would not go just FYI there are always a couple decent bike and this year its at the convention center so there are plenty of bars near by, but if your looking for a wow factor you wont find it. I have better bikes in my shop at any given time then this show puts out. They wanted something like 2100.00 for a booth. I'd be paying like 20.00 per person that would walk by haha.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Elrod
That's not a sunset...this is a sunset :)

Attachments

·
Registered
658 Posts
You're obviously a better photographer than me :D
Mine were taken out the front of my place after an unbelieveable summer storm.

Speaking of photos I hope some are posted here from the bike show....we don't get many bike shows down here

·
GIT UR DONE...later
990 Posts

300 days a year......I can only imagine.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts