Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if mounting e-z pass on 09 nrs what have you found out what works best? im getting tired of putting e-z pass in my pocket and it not being read by toll reciever and then have to stop in the lane to pull it out in order to be read. thanks. rich.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi. I use the EZ Toll transponder holder--a mesh bag with a drawstring. I place the cord around the mirror and clutch reservoir and pull it tight. It's easy to remove and pocket when parked or to use in another vehicle. I got one at 5starshine.com

·
The Instigator!
2,226 Posts
My EZ-PASS in in a little utility bag mounted in front of the clamshell and gets read thru the bag - no clue why?

If you register your plate with EZ-PASS it shouldn't matter anyway...

Brad

·
Registered
42 Posts
I mounted mine inside the headlight cowl, just behind the headlight. I used the plastic velcro like strips normally used to attach it to the windshield. Using epoxy I built up 2 flat spots so the plastic strips have a good mounting surface. It has never failed to read

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the 2 bridges that i use frequently have those "sticks" that come down across the lane and im getting tired of having to stop and fish out my ez pass from my pocket after removing my gloves and then waving it in the air, or waiting for an officer to manually set it off and then having to put my gloves back on. the reason for the ez pass is to make travelling easier. the mesh bag sounds ok, but i would prefer something better than that. something affixed to the handlebars hopefully something low profile that keeps the pass at the proper angle to be read by their receiver.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wtonseth, that sounds good also. i was thinking of doing that also but decided not to due to the crappy NYC roads. my fear is that i will hit a bump and jolt the ez pass enough to knock it off.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
TRUE STORY: while living in PA I had the EZ pass in my lapel pocket and it did not read. Got a nice little "reminder" from turnpike folks and decided I would industrial velcro it to my helmet. I did, and never a problem again. I kept it in my lapel pocket until I was about 2 miles from the booths, then I would reach in, pull it out, and stick to the top of my helmet.
Now back in CA, and I don't need to actually have it on me, just have one registered to the tags and they do the leg work

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
Just make sure the bike's license number is added to the account and leave the tag at home and just run without. On the rare occasion the cameras actually catch the bike it'll be deducted from your account. That works in DFW anyway. But the sensors will almost never catch the bike unless you roll through all alone. I'd usually squeeze up right on a car going through at the same time and have never had the bike get detected.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
Just make sure the bike's license number is added to the account and leave the tag at home and just run without. On the rare occasion the cameras actually catch the bike it'll be deducted from your account. That works in DFW anyway. But the sensors will almost never catch the bike unless you roll through all alone. I'd usually squeeze up right on a car going through at the same time and have never had the bike get detected.
This worked for me in my travels between DC and NYC with only one auto deduct.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
pretty trick beltranikov! Any reason you did not mount it to your tags?

·
(.)(.)Modster(.)(.)
7,066 Posts
If you register your plate with EZ-PASS it shouldn't matter anyway...
That's what I did, I don't even take it out and I get the red violation light every time I go thru, but I've never gotten a ticket.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
I did that once before I left PA by accident, an the turnpike sent me a nasty gram. That was back in '07, so maybe they changed their terroristic ways

·
Registered Idiot
5,461 Posts
Maryland toll nazis sells a nice little bracket assembly for about $10 fits right on the bars in about 10 minutes. Has a little cup that the tag sits in with stock velcro so that you can move it vehicle to vehicle. No exactly pretty but works great. You may have to email them, I do not see it on their website.

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,426 Posts
if mounting e-z pass on 09 nrs what have you found out what works best? im getting tired of putting e-z pass in my pocket and it not being read by toll reciever and then have to stop in the lane to pull it out in order to be read. thanks. rich.
This works & it's legal

If you can't find a spot to mount it OR you don't wanna mount it on your bike. Call E-Z Pass & just register your bikes license plate to your account. (I have my car & bike on the same account) After that, you're good to go because that's all they need.

I've passed through the high speed E-Z Pass lane & 70mph on my bike for 2 years now & the cameras catch my license plate & they just bill my account.

·
Registered Idiot
5,461 Posts
I tried that here and I get nasty mail. "Your transponder is not funtioning proparly, you must bring it in for repalcement" For a small fee of course, toll nazis.
I did a yahoo search and found at least 10 different mounts from $5 bucks and up.

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,426 Posts
Then I guess a mount is what you'll need

·
Free At Last
212 Posts
I got a PA Ezpass earlier this year, PA Ezpass would not register my motorcycles, said I had to get a whole separate account for them. I didn't bother, the Pa turnpike is not where I ordinarily would want to ride, I'm a back road rider, but you never know when you might need to make miles instead of enjoying the trip. I guess either they gave me incorrect info, or other states do not have this regulation.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts