Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever heard of a dealer charging a 1 hr labor rate to "diagnose" and determine whether or not the problems fall under warranty coverage or not?? thanks in advance for any input,
Mike

·
aka shudude
3,174 Posts
Yea, I had that happen to me when I still had a warranty. It's really up to the dealership how they handle ESP work.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Dealer charges for diagnosis. If it is a warranty item then the warranty covers the cost. If it's a "no trouble found" or not a warranty issue situation then you pay. Dealer should nt be liable for the cost of diagnosis.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
i hate esp coverage..esp doesn`t cover for diagnosis... and they only pay about 1/2 the hours it actually takes to fix a problem... techs hate getting an esp job that will be hard to diagnose...they loose money finding the problem and then get shafted on the actual repair of the problem..as an example if you have a wiring problem that takes several hours to find the location of a broke wire or bad plug or whatever esp will only pay for fixing the wire or whatever and the time spent finding the problem is on the tech... we don`t charge for diagnostics on esp jobs but probably should... also esp won`t pay for worn items,,, your motor is puking oil ,if a part isn`t broken or failed it is just worn out they won`t cover it.. i agree you shouldn`t have to pay for diagnosis on a warranty item but it is understandable with the way esp screws the dealers and dealer techs...;

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
yea it's normal.A couple of times,the ESP warranty has covered my $50 deductible on oil leaks on my air cooled Harley engines.
With the companys I deal with and because I do heavy line repairs,I have to get the customer to authorize my fee for a tear down to determine coverage.Once the warranty company agrees the repair is covered,the customer usually only pays the deductible and some of the rental fee.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts