Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
05 Blue VRSCSE Owner
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a lot of research on here to find a good answer to why my VRSCSE was only putting out 93RWHP.

Background: I installed Rinehart 2-2's, mainly because I liked the sound quality/looks, not because of performance, and I knew there was going to be a small loss of HP. I found a Dyno shop in Fresno, CA to be able to do the dynotune for my bike, with a PCIII. I had a map, but I guess I just didn't trust that I was getting all I could get out of the map. Plus, I couldn't tell if I was running lean, which I didn't want to get caught doing.

I paid $350 for this shop to dynotune my bike. They have a Factory Tune dyno system (certified by AMA) is what they told me. They also said that DynoJet tuners will run much higher numbers than this Factory Tune system. My question is, why? Isn't there a standard to measure RWHP, and shouldn't my numbers be similar to a DynoJet if I were to have it done? My numbers for a '05 VRSCSE with PCIII, Rineharts 2-2, topless, K&N are 93RWHP and 70ft-lbs of torque, which is WAY lower than I expected. I knew I was going to lose a little HP, but I wasn't expecting to be under 100. I didn't get a baseline tune prior to putting on the RH's but these numbers seem WAY low. Any thoughts/input?:notworth:

·
Premium Member
2,002 Posts
Here is a link to Factory Pro that will explain it. If you scroll down to the bottom of the page there is a correction chart for true h.p. to DJH (Dyno-Jet h.p.) . I agree with you that all dyno's should give you the same numbers, but the sad truth is they don't. http://www.factorypro.com/dyno/true1.html

·
05 Blue VRSCSE Owner
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dale, I guess a little Google searching would've done me some justice.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
just found this thread and had something to add.. we have superflow instrumentation on an old dynojet dyno.. superflow has a correction factor to show numbers like a dynojet dyno produces, we had to start using the dynojet numbers because the true numbers actually made a few customers get mad and tell us we needed to get our dyno calibrated because there was no way there numbers were that low..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts