Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got a new one. Wasn’t sure about your open air box. To my knowledge you can put any tune you like. First get a map from Dynojet and then tweak it as needed. So yours should work for any install that requires 15-026
When you say new tune does that mean I can actually do it myself on a laptop? I honestly don't know how these work and I should probably do some research before I randomly buy some stuff.
15-026?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I bought this from a place called smithers customs still have the receipts for it and the dyno tune that is programmed on it. I have it setup for stock exhaust that I cut the baffles out to keep stock look but not stock sound. All you do is go to dynojet download there software and connect power commander to your bike. Plug laptop into power commander via usb which comes with them. If you don't like the tune download a pre made one from there site or others that people have made with set pipes. Very simple to do but I would suggest once you install to get it dynoed to get full hp out if bike. Mine was 105hp at the tire 74ftlbs of tourgue.

·
2003VRSA, 2003FLHRCI
69 Posts
When you say new tune does that mean I can actually do it myself on a laptop? I honestly don't know how these work and I should probably do some research before I randomly buy some stuff.
15-026?
Yes thats what that means. You use a lap top computer to put the info into your power commander. First you will go to www.dynajet.com and select what’s called the map that you need. You will need to select the type of air intake/filter, the type of exhaust, any other mod option that are available. You might not find exactly how you bike is configured, you can take someone’s advice that has the same set up that you have or you can also call dynajet customer support and they can guide you how to proceed in choosing the correct info. Once you have that you send it to your power commander unit, who’s is connected to your laptop via usb cable. If you have any running issues you can tweet the power commander to make adjustment as needed. For example i was getting some deceleration popping on one of my bikes after installing a PCv and i was able to make my own adjustments to increase the fuel at certain RPM’s, problem solved. It takes a little practice and experimenting but if you are into that typo of challenge, its pretty good stuff.
The 15-026 is the power commander part number that you need for your VRod, verify that on the powercommander web site.

Hope this helps, it just a quick description of how it works. The forums are pretty good here, many people to help you, if needed. Feel free to ask any questions

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes thats what that means. You use a lap top computer to put the info into your power commander. First you will go to www.dynajet.com and select what’s called the map that you need.
Hope this helps, it just a quick description of how it works. The forums are pretty good here, many people to help you, if needed. Feel free to ask any questions
Epic, I'm a nerd, this could be a lot of fun. I get some popping on deceleration now but I'm a little ashamed to admit that I actually don't mind it. Thanks for the overview, this is a great forum.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts