Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my DX dyno tuned today and pulled a best reading of 122.4hp!!! Man, better then I expected. I was looking for about 113hp to 116hp. I LOVE THIS BIKE!

·
Nate
3,277 Posts
redporsche1 said:
I got my DX dyno tuned today and pulled a best reading of 122.4hp!!! Man, better then I expected. I was looking for about 113hp to 116hp. I LOVE THIS BIKE!
Um, you got 122 hp at the rear wheel, with only exhaust mods and Semi Topless?

·
I see dead people
1,045 Posts
I had the same set up with a good tuner and got 107 hp and 75 ft lbs. I'd really like to see that dyno sheet. That was either a really happy dyno or he didn't put the proper corrections in it. I really don't mean to burst your bubble but I'm havin a really hard time with that one with out seein the all the figures

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My bike dyno'd at 104 stock if that means anything.

·
RIP ALEX
2,033 Posts
Did you have it tuned and dyno'd at the same place you had it dyno'd stock?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dyno sheet

This the dyno sheet.

Attachments

·
knit whit
1,413 Posts
redporsche1 said:
My bike dyno'd at 104 stock if that means anything.
Mine was 106 stock now 107-109 after mods.

·
fire up !
700 Posts
i'm NOT an expert but :

- why does the HP curve cuts off at nearly 8200 rpm ? you have +800 rpms to go
- what's happened to the A/F ratio curve ?

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Brett,
The main thing is you are happy. but the posted dyno sheet does not show a tourqe curve and I am not sure about that AFR if that is what it is at the bottom.
I have an 04A and stock was 98 and after my mods 108.

But it does look like a happy dyno to me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Roadhog said:
i'm NOT an expert but :

- why does the HP curve cuts off at nearly 8200 rpm ? you have +800 rpms to go
QUOTE]

my tach redlines around 9000rpm but the governor kicks in around 8000rpm. my bike is all stock. are you actually hitting the 9000 mark?

·
Premium Member
4,958 Posts
redporsche1 said:

Did the tuner offer to sell you the Brooklyn Bridge , too ?

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
iamsofreakindum said:
my tach redlines around 9000rpm but the governor kicks in around 8000rpm. my bike is all stock. are you actually hitting the 9000 mark?
Until your bike warms up fully, you get a reduced rev limiter. Once you are up to operation temp, the limiter won't kick in until 9k

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Torque sheet

Here is the torque sheet. On the hp sheet the AFR is on the bottom, it shows before and after the tweeking we did. I had a lean spot around 5200 to 6400rpm. We richened it up in that range and that is why there is two readings. The red is before and blue is after.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Like I said before the main thing is you are happy and the bike is running great. Do a search on dyno's and you will see the vast differences from dyno to dyno and the tech doing the tune can influence the graph also.
Enjoy the ride!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts