Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some basic understanding. I get the concept of the map needed to run if youre changing to different exhausts, air filters, etc.

This is where i dont get it. If youre not prone to being a tweak monster and youre cool with your pipes and filter....can you just have it dyno tuned or do you always need to have an on board fuel manager?

Tune it for what ever your set up is and be done with it or is there some processes going on that a constant monitoring and adjustment is necessary.

From what ive seen in here, the 2 are fairly close in in cost.

Any help in explaining this would be greatly appreciated.

and side bar, those adjustable jekyll n hydes look and sound awesome.... i would imagine at some point when you switch the baffles youd be running mighty rich.

Thanks,
Jim

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
dyno just tells you what your bike is running, if you want to change any of it you will have to get a fuel management device to make the adjustments. If you are going to get it dyn'd you will have to have some sort of fuel management device before going to the dyno.

·
Registered
318 Posts
If you decide to go with a fuel manager, pm me because I have a harley race fueler I am letting go for pretty cheap

·
Registered
964 Posts
The dyno is a tool that helps create the map that goes in your fuel manger that runs your bike.

Once you have a map made you never have to go back to the dyno unless you change a part that effects the fuel air ratio.

If you are just simply changing pipes and air filter and thats all you ever plan to do, one of the cheaper fuel managers is fine for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts