Premium Member
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone explain how it works??

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
You serious?? J/K

Umm OK the VRod with the most HP/TQ is the winner would be my guess, not sure if Max is doing different classes. Example turbos and bone stock.

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
excuse the hell out of me for never seeing one.

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
wiley81db said:
excuse the hell out of me for never seeing one.

Hey I said I was J/K means just kidding. Sorry I exampled that to you. Wasnt trying to be rude.:hidesbeh:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Wiley, if your asking how a dyno measures the horsepower & torque , it is done by the bike being strapped into a harness with the rear wheel setting on a weighted (very heavy) drum. The rear wheel turns the drum and according to how quickly it spools up the drum translates into horsepower and torque numbers. Of course that is a vey simple explanation that involves a computer to calculate the results. The best thing about a dyno is that you can place an oxygen sensor in the pipe and track your Air/Fuel ratio through the rpm (acceleration) band and use that to tune your motor.
Of course a shootout is the contest that determines whose bike spins the drum up the quickest and most efficiently.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
ohioVROD said:
Hey I said I was J/K means just kidding. Sorry I exampled that to you. Wasnt trying to be rude.:hidesbeh:
:rofl: :duel: damn and i thought i was sensitive

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
ohioVROD said:
You serious?? J/K

Umm OK the VRod with the most HP/TQ is the winner would be my guess, not sure if Max is doing different classes. Example turbos and bone stock.
There will be a class for stock, one power adder be it BB, Turbo or NOS and then an all out class if we have anyone this year to run that class. Badrod owned the shootout the last two years but won't be there this year.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Max, Just curious, whats the highest HP & torque #'s you've seen from a naturally aspirated all motor? And was it streetable?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
zcat said:
Max, Just curious, whats the highest HP & torque #'s you've seen from a naturally aspirated all motor? And was it streetable?
I have seen mid 150's from some of the eagle 1550's. But keep in mind that we have seen well over 200 hp from some of the juiced and turbo charged engines. Both I would consider street able. In fact when Badrod won two years ago he took the bike off the dyno and did the 100 mile ride back to basswood with it.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
was this almost a cat fight that DIDN'T involve me or Kaz? hehehe

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
150 hp V-Rod would be fun, but of course a 200 HP one would be even more fun!

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
zcat said:
150 hp V-Rod would be fun, but of course a 200 HP one would be even more fun!

When I say 200hp the number If I remember was 248 hp. Badrod and Kaz were crowd pleaser's going until one of them broke. Kaz's best run was just over 236 in the end.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Wow! Now those are some Bad Boys. Gotta love it & I bet that crowd did!

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
Max said:
I have seen mid 150's from some of the eagle 1550's. But keep in mind that we have seen well over 200 hp from some of the juiced and turbo charged engines. Both I would consider street able. In fact when Badrod won two years ago he took the bike off the dyno and did the 100 mile ride back to basswood with it.

WOW I have serious work to do! HAHA Thanks for exampling the setup of this event also.

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
and me being a dumbass, I asked the wrong question, I know how a dyno worked, I wanted to know how a dyno drag competition worked

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
No Wiley, I think it was my bad. You did ask about a "dyno shootout" not dyno operation.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts