Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its been a year since my last dyno and I'm sorry i waited. My bike dynoed with SE pipes, pc lllr, and k&n filter at 107.1. I knew the number was a little low, but the air in las vegas isn't the best and I figured I just had a slow bike. Having finally given in, and listened to super kaz, I just installed a set of supertrapps and also a techlusion tfi box. I took it over to gil, the "man" who has been tuning kaz's bike. All I can say is WOW, I have a new bike again. 114.1 h.p.
thanks KAZ
ride safe
vrodtom

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Sounds good vrodtom, how do you like the supertrapps so far?

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
That's about the same hp as me.:) But,I am using the pcIIIr for now.:confused: Going to the tuner today to find out how well he knows the race tuner.:diablo: Post your dyno sheet in the dyno thread.
You got the bug,you'll want more:D
Did he sync the throttle bodies?

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Tom,
Thats Great!Can you tell/feel the difference?;) Give us the Run down on your setup and what he did!:cool:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The supertrapps are AWESOME! The bike sounds great. Also having 20 pounds off your right side feels much more balanced. The bike has alot more low end power. Don't wait! Get your supertrapps today.
ride safe
vrodtom

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
John,
it's all in your riding style!I could go around that corner at twice the legal limit No Problem with my TT's or ST's!:cool:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Seems to me that the pipes are at about the same plane as the footpegs. Pegs might be a tad higher.

So, logic tells me that if you're not scraping the footpegs, you don't have to worry about the pipes.

But I can see where it would be nice, if the ST would have a slight rising angle to it (like the stock pipes).

Attachments

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
If the ST scrapes before the pegs then definitely not for me. I scrape the foot pegs a lot. The stock pipe does not touch down as often but now that I have them uninstalled could post pics easier. If kept up the stock slip ons would have a hole in them. I did not know the problem was so bad with the ST's. With the stock setup I scrape the pegs before the exhaust.

The thing I do not like about them is the long straight look. Probably with an upswept design they could improve on this and the clearance issue. I'd really like to mistreat a V-Rod with ST's. If performance is compromised would leave them as they are since they kick ass in dyno testing. Just as long as not on my bike, for now.

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
The stock slip ons out, checked and really not so deep the scrapes on the stockers. It just sounds harsh when scraped compared to the footpeg sensation.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts