Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
San Diego |07 DX|
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got off the phone w/ the tuner and i asked him how the results turned out. I was a little dissapointed w/ the results as they appear to be lower than what i have been reading here. Heres my setup: 07 DX, CFR, SERT, Topless, K&N. He said the baseline run had 94 hp and the CFR runs came up to 108 hp (I cant remember torque). He did mention their machine runs a little lower than others and he also mentioned that they tuned a V w/ supertraps at 115 hp.
I guess the good thing is i will have a louder pipe (he said it was FREAKING loud), a better looking pipe, and also 14 more HP than i went in there w/...

I will pick it up on Saturday and post how i feel then...

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
I think that is respectable, especially with the 240. Max preaches that no dyno is the same and it is just a number. Yours don't sound too bad.

·
Still too slow
336 Posts
I believe your number of 108hp would have beat all or been very near the top in the stock class at Gail's HD during our rally last week. There was a variety of different exhausts including some CFRs. Most of the stock 1130cc bikes turned in the range of 100 to 107hp. Of course you could also say that we were not on a "happy" dyno. The Screaming Eagle 1250s were more in the range of 110 to 115hp.

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
BRITT76 said:
Just got off the phone w/ the tuner and i asked him how the results turned out. I was a little dissapointed w/ the results as they appear to be lower than what i have been reading here. Heres my setup: 07 DX, CFR, SERT, Topless, K&N. He said the baseline run had 94 hp and the CFR runs came up to 108 hp (I cant remember torque). He did mention their machine runs a little lower than others and he also mentioned that they tuned a V w/ supertraps at 115 hp.
I guess the good thing is i will have a louder pipe (he said it was FREAKING loud), a better looking pipe, and also 14 more HP than i went in there w/...

I will pick it up on Saturday and post how i feel then...
That is about right for a conservative dyno with your set-up. Who tuned your bike?

·
Living Free...
11,581 Posts
As said before, on the Dyno at Gails...that would be pretty good!

I know Nate552 had a CFR, 1130 ran 103, and my 1130 CFR ran 102....

Now, Rob had a Turbo DX (240 tire) running 140, but VRodG had a Turbo with a 200 tire and ran 146...the tire size does make a difference...

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
CUPCAKE said:
As said before, on the Dyno at Gails...that would be pretty good!

I know Nate552 had a CFR, 1130 ran 103, and my 1130 CFR ran 102....

Now, Rob had a Turbo DX (240 tire) running 140, but VRodG had a Turbo with a 200 tire and ran 146...the tire size does make a difference...
yeah and my chopped up exhaust beat your bike :stilpoke:

108.55 :hidesbeh:

·
Registered
163 Posts
Got 111 Hp out of mine.

On that pull we let it cool down for 30 minutes after it was tuned.

·
I'll Take Two Please
396 Posts
My DX ran those same baseline numbers at my dealership. I still haven't taken it in for a tune yet. I am curious to see how my numbers compare to yours. We have identical setups.

·
San Diego |07 DX|
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I picked up the bike from the tuner yesterday. Damn! Its sweet! And can definitely feel the difference. My only concerns are that it drags on right turns and the heat shields dont line up right.

Great pipe and it turns heads big time!

·
Registered
322 Posts
BRITT,

Don't get hung up on dyno-to-dyno comparisons. What really matters is how your bike performs on the SAME dyno during similar (ideally, identical) conditions. Basically, you should be more worried about your before and after numbers on the same dyno. That will tell you where/what your gains are.

Dynos are all different and, when you're comparing relatively small gains/differences (5-15 HP w/ these bikes), particular dynos may skew those numbers. Or, your actual numbers that indicate a respectable gain in and of themselves may be lost in the dyno-to-dyno and bike-to-bike numbers (IE: highest peak numbers between two bikes, two different dynos in two different sets of conditions).

·
Registered
281 Posts
I just had my 07 DX done last week same mods as you except for being topless. I also have big city thunder baffles in the head pipes and the 3" Vortex cone in the CFR pipe itself to quiet it down. I made 110 Hp and 80 LB TQ to the wheel.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts