Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took my bike in for its 1000 mile service at Republic HD here in Houston and I had them Dyno the Bike, I went in yesterday and saw my bike on the Dyno so I thought cool. I asked one of the service guys if I can see the report so he took me into the Dyno room,turned the computer on and showed me the report. I wasnt to happy at 88.7 HP and something like 67 torque or something like that. I asked him what was up with that, cause I see other DX's out there with the same Mods that I have, who come in at 100HP or sometimes a little bit more. I have the 2:1 D&D fat cat, K&N filter, and Power Commander. He then said "Oh I dont think theyre done with it yet" I thought to myself, well they took the bike off the machine so to me its because they are done. I dont know the procedure they have for that but I wasnt too happy with the results thus far. Someone shed me some light on this please, is it the map theyre using? is it laziness on whomever is running the Dyno? Is it inexperience? or all of the above? I dont know. I want to know if I have reason to complain to them after spending the money for a Dyno Tune..thank you

·
Gone
2,012 Posts
they may not know the PC that well. I know the techs in my shop are not big fans of them and prefer the SERT. We were able to get 115 and 79 on my setup.

·
RIP ALEX
2,033 Posts
Thats way low even for a stingy dyno. I had my bike on a stingy dyno and made 103 stock. Toque was around 69 ft/lbs. Did you get a print out with a/f ?

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
If he said they weren't done with it he must have meant they would load the bike back up later and do some more tuning.

·
RICK
648 Posts
Have them print out your graphs with temp, humidity, HP, TQ, rpm's, and AF ratio. That is LOW for any dyno.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I called the stealership today and they confirmed that they had not finished the Dyno..So I pick my baby up today and Hopefully the numbers will look alot better. The bike hasnt been running right since I got the pipes put in..they told me they couldnt tune it until 1000 miles, so it should feel alot better once I get it back. I dont know if it will fix the loud Popping sounds it did. Sometimes it would make a loud shotgun pop when I fired her up. It just felt real sluggish before..I hope the tune changes that..Thanks for your comments

·
Registered
142 Posts
I wouldn't pay much attention to the dyno results. I've got similar mods and my bike runs perfectly, yet it only showed 100hp on the dyno.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts