Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Gone
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know these really don't mean a lot but I got 115 hp out of my setup last night. That really put a smile on my face since the tech told me that i started out with less than 100 hp. He also said my air cleaner was dirty so I am thinking I amy be able to sqeek out a little more with a new K&N.

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
Those are some fantastic results. Nice work.

·
Gone
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks I give all the credit to a Service tech that not only knows what he is doing but also has a place in his heart for our V-Rods.

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
Techs like that are few and far between. We're lucky to have one up here in MI. Nothing like a tech that runs a tweeked out V. Pretty much guarantees that you won't have service problems.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
what are your performance mods?

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
n/m i learned how to read your sig all of a sudden..LOL

good numbers
I have a pcIII, topless, cfr, k&n

i made 112

·
Registered
60 Posts
Wow! Those are soem nice numbers. I only got 106 out of mine with powershots, Topless SE Air and SERT. Will temperature effect the results. Mine was doen in 96 F

·
Gone
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Our dyno room is hot as hell. I think mine was done in the 90's. I am a firm believer that the SERT is the way to go and I know the Power Shots are a little different than the 16 ga DB's. I have to give all the credit to the tech that did the work for me. Either way I am happy and I have my K&N on the way.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
AAMS1203 said:
Wow! Those are soem nice numbers. I only got 106 out of mine with powershots, Topless SE Air and SERT. Will temperature effect the results. Mine was done in 96 F
when I got mine done it was humid outside and the temp outdoors was 100*... not sure the shop temp though, but with the bay doors opened I am sure it wasnt cool.

elevation does make a difference as well in hp numbers as well

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sounds like thetemp has no real effect on dyno results. I will have try one of the maps on this forum and get another Dyno done then.

Again great results myneed4speed. Makes me want to tinker and learn more about the tuning myself.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
AAMS1203 said:
Sounds like thetemp has no real effect on dyno results. I will have try one of the maps on this forum and get another Dyno done then.

Again great results myneed4speed. Makes me want to tinker and learn more about the tuning myself.
actually temp does effect dyno results... its mainly barometric pressure but temp does have an effect.

the cooler the air going into the engine, the more dense it is, the more dense airflow wil decrease detonation and increase hp

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
its the main principal behind nitrous oxide as well... when n20 separates at 565 degrees it creates the perfect environment inside the engine.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
taken from a reputable source

Side Note: For every 10 Degrees F reduction in intake charge temperature, a 1% increase in power will be realized. Example: A 400 HP engine with an intake temperature drop of 70 Degrees F, would gain approximately 30 HP on the cooling affect alone.

·
Wet Blanket
3,044 Posts
AAMS1203 said:
Wow! Those are soem nice numbers. I only got 106 out of mine with powershots, Topless SE Air and SERT. Will temperature effect the results. Mine was doen in 96 F
I would expect a little better than that since we are close in mods. Here is my sheet from Gil's shop last year:

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=467031&postcount=388

I have the same pipes, K&N filter, front of the airbox hacked off (not topless) and Gil's box.

·
Kaboom
4,336 Posts
VenomousSVT said:
actually temp does effect dyno results... its mainly barometric pressure but temp does have an effect.

the cooler the air going into the engine, the more dense it is, the more dense airflow wil decrease detonation and increase hp
:them: great point!

·
Gone
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
vrod23 I am over at Whitt's HD in Manassas send me a PM with your info and I can get you setup. What mods do you have done?

·
Registered
44 Posts
My bike is stock. I heard that the vrod is really sensitive to changes in exhaust and intake. I also know you need to calibrate the ecm with a pcIII or race tuner etc. I just haven't found anyone who I felt knew how to tune a rod and cared enough to do it right.

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
if it is stock having it tuned would be a waste of money

1 - 20 of 20 Posts