Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

121 - 139 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
i have done (2) stage2 cam installs but both also included 58tb`s v-h pro pipe and factory cnc heads...the 1130 made 132.9hp after tuning and the 1250 made 140hp after tuning...on our dyno a stock 1250 with the same pipe makes about 115hp

·
1130cc is enuff 4 me
2,426 Posts
The mods coupled with the smoothness of your ride is what really matters. What good is a bike that makes big power #'s if it runs like crap?

·
Fuel Sniffer
80 Posts
I am going to post this here, but I know pretty much ALL of you will flame me for it. My local HD shop dyno, according to you all, reads high. I have seen enough dyno charts on here to know what you all are saying is true, I am going to get it run on a different dyno at a shop 60ish miles away and see where they put it, but what is most interesting is the stock vs now difference. Completely stock on the local HD shop dyno...

And after V-Modding the pipes, K&N filter and 4 runs, 2 with top on 2 topless...

Run 1 and Run 2 are with the airbox top on, run 3 and run 4 are topless. 120hp upto 133hp, thats one heck of a difference for just $40 worth of hole saws, a little work and a $50 air filter. I need to get a tuner, they told me they would do a stage 1 d/l on it but apparently there is no such animal for a 2010 so I am going to have to buy a PC5. The bike is lean, but they all are from the factory and I am willing to baby it a bit for a couple weeks til I get the PC5 Anyone got a good map for a PC5, V-Mod pipes, K&N & topless??? :)

·
'04 1300
3,056 Posts
That's not just lean, that's SCARY lean in the 4k-6k range.

·
The Hawk
3,755 Posts
Boy, you got that right, for a wide open throttle run that is fry your pistons lean. Your AFR should be down where the red dotted line is and anything over 14.7 is considered way to lean. That entire map needs fuel added especially in the 3500 to 6000 range. What tuner are you using? It is a given that with those afr numbers the ecm is seeing some detonation and is pulling timing out which willl reduce you HP and torque. The only possible explanation for that map being acceptable is that the afr sniffer was miscalibrated or getting a bunch of reversion throughout the entire rpm range.

Mike

·
Banned
8,925 Posts
Since he doesn't mention any tuner I guess he left it untuned (factory map) after changing the filter, opening the pipes and going topless, which might explain all that "lean-ness". If you are planning on installing stage 2 cams later, the PC5 has given problem to tune to some members and have changed to the Super Tuner or other ECM replacement type tuners, if I remember correctly...

·
Banned
3,309 Posts
Mine showed as very lean in that same range running a stock filter, air box, V-mods, and Xied's. Before I installed the Xied's, and everything else being bone stock, the head pipes would glow red cruising in that range. The Xieds richened closed loop enough to stop that, and after modding the pipes they still don't glow. That leads me to believe that V-mods are subject to reversion, or something was wrong with the O2 sniffer.

·
Kidzap
1,064 Posts
If they didn't take out the O2 sensors and put the adapters in that run to another set of O2 sensors and a sniffer on the dyno. There's no way your going to get an accurate reading on air/fuel because you can't get the sniffers up to the heads on a stock exhaust. The stock rod runs lean probably in the 14's up to 6K then runs in the 13's to 12's 6K and up. The only way to know is to have it properly dyno'd with the right equipment. I've got mine running in the low 14's to 6K and low 13's to high 12's to the rev limit of 9700. I get 120hp 89ft-lbs and 45 mpg. Haven't burned any thing up yet with 25K on the bike. BTW this is topless with 1 1/2 inch Tabs.

Have fun with the new bike.

·
Fuel Sniffer
80 Posts
Since he doesn't mention any tuner I guess he left it untuned (factory map) after changing the filter, opening the pipes and going topless, which might explain all that "lean-ness".
Right, it is stock ECM, untuned at this point. I am not going to ride it much until I get my PC5. They origionally told me they could do a download on the ECM but then when I showed up they said there was no download to be had.

They wanted to sell me a PC5 for $410 and an Auto Tune for $400, not hardly! I can get them on EBay for around $650 shipped to my door. Any opinions on the Auto Tune option???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there I've a 06 vrscse2 just had it on dyno ran 118hp with 2into1 pro comp dobec tuner. Changed tuner to power vison and ran 130hp 🙂

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Most auto tunes have a hard time with the Stage 2 Cams from most of the reports on here.
Yes, I heard that too and was a tad reluctant to get involved. Just tuned one via internet and I think he's happy or he's so pissed of I don't exist any more. The dyno tune he paid for on the other hand was shit and the SE2 cams were blamed for not being able to make it run smooth. I used the same TTS system minus a dyno and NB only. Sure the full monty would require WB but they weren't available. I really do get fed up with these so called expert dyno tuners that just plain don't give a shit or don't have the skills to do it right, then charge an arm and a leg.
Ron

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah found that out the hard way $1050 to get bike back from first dyno tune running like shit ,go to thunder tech perth

·
My Last Ride
1,343 Posts
Yes, I heard that too and was a tad reluctant to get involved. Just tuned one via internet and I think he's happy or he's so pissed of I don't exist any more. The dyno tune he paid for on the other hand was shit and the SE2 cams were blamed for not being able to make it run smooth. I used the same TTS system minus a dyno and NB only. Sure the full monty would require WB but they weren't available. I really do get fed up with these so called expert dyno tuners that just plain don't give a shit or don't have the skills to do it right, then charge an arm and a leg.
Ron
Custom exhaust pipes and or performance camshafts are a mediocre tuner's friend because they provide an excuse for their inability to achieve a good tuneup.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
My two cents get the ThunderMax They have the largest installed base & you can tune it with a laptop ( best results on dyno to measure the gain/ loss with changes)

·
Don
3 Posts
Fitzgerald Motorsports! They have a great reputation and are over near Dayton Ohio. From mild to wild they build it. Currently have my 06 SE over there.

121 - 139 of 139 Posts