Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had my 2010 muscle dynoed at copperhead dyno service this weekend. mods are V&H slip-ons, amsoil filter, pcv and topless. the base line was 111.4 hp and 81.75 tq and after the tune put down 118.5 hp and 85.78 tq. i am happy with the numbers and it runs way better all around. not sure how these numbers compare to bikes with simular mods.

·
Dean
775 Posts
Out of curiosity....

Why did you go with a dyno tune...and not an auto tune for your PCV?

·
I see dead people
1,045 Posts
Good numbers, did the tuner give you a copy of the data sheet and did he also show you the AFR settings?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the reason i did not buy the autotune is because i do not like how the wide band sensors rub on the engine.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good numbers, did the tuner give you a copy of the data sheet and did he also show you the AFR settings?
yep i do have the dyno sheet with the afr settings.

·
I see dead people
1,045 Posts
That's great, some of the older dynos in use do not have the AFR capability. It's all about the AFRs and hopefully a good smooth curve with no spikes either way

·
Registered
437 Posts
Its pretty impressive picking up 8 HP from a tuning session.........

WELL DONE :)

One question?
Why have the max HP at 7800 rpm when this is well below Redline?
Is that where is appeared?

Can you tune the curve to have peak HP close to the redline and just tune it for a smooth power curve rather than have the last couple of thousand rpm reducing in power?

Basically the way you have your curve your only useful range is under 7500 rpm?

Seems a little pedantic i know just wondering if you had it tuned that way or just the way it was on the bike?

Would putting a better header pipe on the bike keep the power high all the way through to redline?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dont really know but those r some good questions. maybe some of the other guys on here could help and provide some answers.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I will chime in about the Auto Tune......YOU still need to have an AFR table set to develop a base map. The maps posted by DynoJet for the F are not very good, so if I had to do again, most likely would skip the AT and use the money towards some dyno time.

Now that I have a decent AFR table set, my AT cares for my bike when I change altitude or when I "MUST" fill we 87 octane, or when the weather starts going south here. I have been known to ride into the teens as long as things stay dry.

So I ride the fence a little about the AT, but I am here to tell you it does not automatically tune the bike without the user adding some type of input as most believe.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Any chance of maybe posting your base map or sending it to me.....please......
i will have to look for the map i was running. i was running one i found on here from a guy that had taken his bike to fuel moto and had them tune it there for him. they said it made hp in the 120s with the same mods i have. but when we baselined mine it was only making 111 hp. before that map i was running the one that fuel moto sent with the pcv i bought from them. i seemed to have alot of popping while just cruising and did not seem to pull that hard under wot. the bike really runs good now, well worth the 175.00 i spend for the dyno tune.

·
Registered
818 Posts
i will have to look for the map i was running. i was running one i found on here from a guy that had taken his bike to fuel moto and had them tune it there for him. they said it made hp in the 120s with the same mods i have. but when we baselined mine it was only making 111 hp. before that map i was running the one that fuel moto sent with the pcv i bought from them. i seemed to have alot of popping while just cruising and did not seem to pull that hard under wot. the bike really runs good now, well worth the 175.00 i spend for the dyno tune.

I had the same problem with the map you are speaking of....interested in your map to compare as the numbers you got are real comparable to what I got on my map a year ago. I got 117 hp and 85 tq. The 120 number is a little suspect for a bunch of reasons or it was just that good of a day.

I have been working this for more then a year and most maps I can fix or adapt within a couple of rides. I would like your map to expand my data base and help others in the future. I understand the no AT deal. I name the maps after the user I got them from giving credit where credit is due.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Improved air flow will increase HP. Nice #'s Congratulations!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for all the compliments. i might try removing the panels behind the screens to let alittle more air in.

·
Banned
1,783 Posts
I have the same setup but with the TAB's, I pulled 100.25/72hp completely stock. After mods I pulled 108.98/79.28 and after tune I reached 112.18/80.37.

I'd like the Torque to be better but I guess that's still good.

EDIT: Picture of final included.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wonder what the big difference is between our two bikes? my just in the dynos? to the tabs have baffles in them?

·
Banned
1,783 Posts
wonder what the big difference is between our two bikes? my just in the dynos? to the tabs have baffles in them?
Probably the Dyno or maybe just not a great tune I don't know. Tab's have baffles yes.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts