Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Rob
85 Posts
124.63 HP / 85.72 TQ

They manipulate the dynos to please customers,it's more likely to be 115 to 118,I had same set up and dynode two different places,now I have cams as well and dynode at 128.(I posted it in previuos thread)
Harley dealers the world over are full of shite,great bikes crap dealers:banghead:

·
I see dead people
1,045 Posts
those are great numbers but I would not be comfortable they are accurate for your set up. They may be a little too great. I'm not trying to burst your bubble but I'm on VROD #3 and have a good idea what's normal. I have the same exhaust and air cleaner you do, only difference is I have a PCV instead of a SEPST. (AKA SERT) and have 113 hp and 77 tq. there is no way the SEPST is giving that much of a difference. I'm familiar with the dealer in Frederick, it's not that far from me.

·
Banned
228 Posts
Nice numbers Kramer! Dont listen to these guys. Numbers dont lie. If you get a good tech on the dyno those numbers look good to me.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice numbers Kramer! Dont listen to these guys. Numbers dont lie. If you get a good tech on the dyno those numbers look good to me.
Haha. I just got online to tell them they are all just jealous. I'm pretty happy with it and that all that matters.

BTW the tech and I have a pretty good relationship and he spent 2 days and 60 miles dialing her in.

·
Rob
85 Posts
Not jealous,just got more of an idea than you obviously have,numbers dont lie(quote) and the toothfairy is real too and pink elephants can dance:dance:

·
Banned
228 Posts
Not jealous,just got more of an idea than you obviously have,numbers dont lie(quote) and the toothfairy is real too and pink elephants can dance:dance:
what is your problem? have you riden his bike or what. there always has to be a jackass.:barf:

·
Rob
85 Posts
what is your problem? have you riden his bike or what. there always has to be a jackass.:barf:
Dickhead,you clueless fag,bet you got new polished leathers and ride like you talk no idea,buy a boulavard with tassels and heated handgrips:chainsaw::chainsaw:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dickhead,you clueless fag,bet you got new polished leathers and ride like you talk no idea,buy a boulavard with tassels and heated handgrips:chainsaw::chainsaw:
Think we got a Forum Troll trying to start a Flame war.

·
Registered
672 Posts
congrats on the good numbers. they do seem a bit high incomparison to others with the same mods. my bike did 118.5 hp and 85.75 tq with the same exhaust, pcv, amsoil filter and topless which i thought was pretty good.

·
I see dead people
1,045 Posts
ShaDi those numbers seem much more reasonable to me. I'm running a basic Fuel Moto freebie map and not topless, so I expect to boost my numbers a bit when I get my custom map done by Dr Dyno next week. A good tune is VERY important but just think there is limitations with a stock motor, slip ons, and an aircleaner, and fueler. Start adding cams etc, then you're boostin numbers. Not tryin to hurt anyone's feelings but my experience with VRods and dynos sometimes tells me it ain't what it seems.

·
Registered Boozer
1,529 Posts
are these numbers at the crank or rear wheel?

·
Registered
22 Posts
The dyno is showing rear wheel hp. Those numbers seem more common with the SE cams. My dyno showed 110.6 hp with similar mods(air filter, tabs, PCV) and it pulls harder/smoother than stock but 120+ hp is not realistic for a stage 1 set-up.

·
Trouble Maker
1,078 Posts
I have a new 09 Muscle with V&H Indy Comp pipe, SEPST, K&N, topless and my #'s were 124 something also. This was from Chesapeake HD in Darlinton MD. I have no idea what it is seat of the pants but I have been told by many here my 3's are exagerated too. I will say I know that no 2 dyno's are alike and will give different results. Nice bike man. Jim

·
Trouble Maker
1,078 Posts

·
Trouble Maker
1,078 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Had a SERT and a SE air filter installed on '10 F yesterday. I am running V&H Comp 2 into 1 and my numbers were 118HP 77 fp torque(rounded there were some decimals). Gained 4 HP at max RPM and smoothed out the curve. Baseline runs where done with exhaust only as this mod was done earlier. What I've noticed:

No change in all around "thrust" of bike
Pipes run much cooler now (no hot crotch anymore)
Tone of exhauast has changed
Throttle response is MUCH more linear/constant i.e. rear wheel does what my hand tells it with no flat spots.
gas mileage MAY have improved but only half way through the first tank so its hard to tell yet.
"Launch" RPM has changed and I have not found it for my bike/riding style yet.

Not looking to race so I am pretty much happy, and probably done, with performance mods. Now on to getting all that shiny silver stuff off the bike!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts