Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
White is Faster :D
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Local Dealer had a Dyno Shootout. I was late but would have taken the VRod class with this run (taken after competition). Only a few VRods to run against lol. Told them next year i will be competeing in the unlimited (max HP was 137) to take top power award...cant have an air cooled motor beating my vrod. Now to get my Turbo.

I have Race Fueler and had about 1/4 turn to all rpm ranges and about 1/8 on the acceleration range. Any input to which point I should dial out some fuel? In the RPM range or the acceleration?

I figure take out of the RPM range as I dont typically run WOT and would only need the extra fuel under acceleration.

Looks different than most Dyno sheets...isnt it more typical for a Dyno to be base on RPM not TIME?

Attachments

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
Seems too rich throughout, I would decrease fuel a tad and see how she runs.

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
DTHDOC - why did they only use a Smoothing of 3? Don't most use 5, not that it will make a diff in the final numbers!

·
White is Faster :D
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya I backed everything down to about 1/8 turn and she runs great. Will see next time I can get it on the Dyno.

Seat Dyno says she is running strong but hard to tell how much difference it made.

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
Tray I am no dyno expert and do my tunning with the TSII, wego and SERT but have seen many sheets with both 3 and 5, have no Idea why (maybe temp and barometric pressure)

The Seat Dyno is the most important to me because I do not ride my bike on a dyno! if she feels better then you did the right thing.

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
I don't know jack about dynos. But I do graph rock formation gamma ray readings in natural gas wells. We have smoothing settings that just make a smoother, less jagged graph. If there is a small spike it will smooth it off all together, so a high number that's just there for a split second will be removed with more smoothing, if it's the same principal. If it's not then I probably sound like I'm smoking crack to anyone who knows about dynos. :moon:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts