Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Non-stop-rider
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just dropped my tire and wheel off to a local shop with a Dyna Beads kit.

The guy says to me "I don't need that tube do I? I heard you can toss the bag right in there with a few holes poked in it".

:banghead: I made sure he got the written instructions! If I'm riding around and it sounds like a wet gym sock bouncing around in my tire, I'll be pretty pissed.

·
Dylan454
219 Posts
I couldn't get mine to go in the valve stem with the tube and bottle. I think you have to pop the bead of the rim and dump them in.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
you can just dump them into the tire before you seat the beads (WITHOUT the bag), or you can remove the valve stem valve, use tube, and tap on tube with screwdriver... The latter is slow go at best, but works well.
P.S. I'm not too sure I would trust that tech or shop to work on my ride.

·
Non-stop-rider
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish I had a tire machine, or I would do it myself. This is the only time anything from my bike gets done by someone else.

·
~*~VDRNLN JUNKIE~*~
667 Posts
I have seen people do just that with no bad results, 2 min on the road and the bag is gone and the beads are free, they do that on big rigs all the time. Not sure I'd do it but no harm if you did.

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
The best way to get the beads bouncing and down the valve stem of an already installed tire is by holding an electric engraving tool, your wife's vibrator or even an electric toothbrush along the side of the valve stem.

·
Non-stop-rider
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just talked to them and they had no trouble using the tube. Phew!

This is my first bead job, I am anxious to try her out.

·
George
5,411 Posts
I used them and didn't like them. I went back to lead! Good Luck!

·
Registered
114 Posts
The best way to get the beads bouncing and down the valve stem of an already installed tire is by holding an electric engraving tool, your wife's vibrator or even an electric toothbrush along the side of the valve stem.
Theres a difference?????

·
Premium Member
353 Posts

This is my first bead job, I am anxious to try her out.
Please let us know what you think.

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
I'm running dyna beads in a 200 Metzeler that I know is unbalanced, and they seem to be doing the job just fine. I put over 700 miles on it over the last weekend at normal highway speeds on all kinds of road surfaces and noticed no undue bouncing or vibration. The maximum speed I've tried so far with this tire w/beads is about 100 mph. No problems.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
fairly certain they just threw the entire bag in there. If they said the tube was no problem they lied. That thing is a pain in the ass, doable, but a royal pain in the ass

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Theres a difference?????
If you can't tell a difference then you need to tell your woman to shave or at least trim it up.....

·
Live Free Or Die
330 Posts
OK, what the heck are Dyna Beads?

I'll be the noob here. I can infer from the posts in this thread that it has to do with tire balancing. So could somone please explain the details? thx.

·
Premium Member
2,900 Posts
I'll be the noob here. I can infer from the posts in this thread that it has to do with tire balancing. So could somone please explain the details? thx.
http://www.innovativebalancing.com/

Just put "dynabeads" in your favorite search engine (google, bing, yahoo, etc.) and you'll get lots of information including reviews.

Here is a video that gives a good example of just how they work.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts