Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have 2008 DX and its always having some kind of warranty parts replaced (warranty just ran out) bike now completed 14k from new.

so to gain common part replacement on the DX's please post your list

mine

Head gasket at 3k
water pump
rad cap
oil cooler hose
metal rad hose
swingarm
pivot shaft and mounts for frame
rear o/s wheel bearing at 4k
rear axle
o2 sensors
front fender
yokes
fork seals
rocker covers (paint)
res caps (paint)
Fuel gauge
exhaust sheilds
exhaust mid section
exhaust header gaskets
discs

thats a lot of taking it back to the dealer ! ! ! thought these bikes were "tough"

·
Registered
56 Posts
You must have a world record of broken parts. Do you ride off road with your bike or what?. After 10 k miles on my DX its just the fuel gauge that act strange sometimes. No issues otherwise. I dont think i could brake so many parts as you have if i realy tryed. Sorry to say but you must had a bunch of crackheads on the assembly line when they put your bike together. I mean headgasket at 3k, wheelbearing at 4k, discs, swingarm and rearaxel!!! and so on. Holy shit!.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Im at 16k and ive had it in for the fuel guage, master cylinder cover, triple clamp, water pump cover, lower frame rail...i think thats it

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
I hadmaster cylinder, some switch for that caused one cylinder to fire. Thats it. Oh, head bearing adjusted. Other than that i think the average most people have is 1-3 items.

You are unlucky, hide in Alaska

·
Registered
286 Posts
my 2 yr warranty was up back in january. only thing mine ever went back for was steering head bearings and fuel sending unit replaced. I only have 7500 miles though.

·
MSF Ridercoach
276 Posts
I had both the clutch res cover and master cylinder covers replaced.

now my brake light isnt coming on with the rear brake pedal so thats on tap for next week i guess to take her in and get fixed.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
all the probs i've had are probs others have had , i just wondered whether its becuase i placed a lot of miles on the bike within its warranty ?

its been the Ireland twice , Holland , and the Isle of man , it gets hammered ! well at 14k my front discs are shot , and on the wear limit ! had rear tyre fitted in June and another fitted last week , and i'm getting through Avon cobra rears in about 4k (tried different pressures)

but it gets care and attention and washed etc... so not abused just ridden !

i got £500 pounds worth of credit from HD for my hassles as all in all its been of the road more than 35 days with faults.

keep your lists coming !

·
Registered
878 Posts
all the probs i've had are probs others have had , i just wondered whether its becuase i placed a lot of miles on the bike within its warranty ?

its been the Ireland twice , Holland , and the Isle of man , it gets hammered ! well at 14k my front discs are shot , and on the wear limit ! had rear tyre fitted in June and another fitted last week , and i'm getting through Avon cobra rears in about 4k (tried different pressures)

but it gets care and attention and washed etc... so not abused just ridden !

i got £500 pounds worth of credit from HD for my hassles as all in all its been of the road more than 35 days with faults.

keep your lists coming !
WOW, Are you sure you havent been participating in the isle of man races :stilpoke:

·
Banned
4,421 Posts
i have to many to list...little gremlins, i've posted them in the past. now i'm getting numerous codes for high & low voltage, my light dims then sometimes it gets brighter & the tach. goes black????? checked for loose conn. everything seems tight, i think this was hd mech. made after got it back from them installing my tires & R&R my swing arm pivot bolt (twice!!!), it started this shit. o & a major belt slap from them fuk faces.:spank:

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
I had both the clutch res cover and master cylinder covers replaced.

now my brake light isnt coming on with the rear brake pedal so thats on tap for next week i guess to take her in and get fixed.
Check the the switch just in front of the rear wheel mine melted last week.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Now at 21000, just the usual paint issues with triple trees and clutch reservoir.but didn't bother with warranty will powdercoat trees this winter.

·
Registered
379 Posts
07 DX with just over 30k miles. At 2k miles toe shift lever peg fell off while on highway (first Harley ever and first thought was, "figures"), oil breather hose at about 8k, mutilple blinker covers at multiple intervals (started to sylicone them on myself).

After warranty: The more stock items I can replace off this bike besides the engine the better.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had to get the riders seat changed right after it was new as the staples were going through the material. I'd guess too much air pressure on the stapler at the factory.

I complained about my fuel gauge. It has nearly 5k miles now but it has only crapped out 3-4 times. Annoying as hell but HD Reno fed me BS about how it was NOT a known issue and they'd have to test it to makes it happen so I never brough it in. Being lied to made me very mad as every v-rod owner I know has had it happen to them.

Other than that, no issues.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts