Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
they sound good at idle! too loud to tell other than that.

·
↓my kid & pet
510 Posts
it's probably just the video, but i thought it sounded like crap.

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
no way would i run that exhaust, horsepower killer

·
Registered
167 Posts
Why bother.

While they may look slightly fashionable and will probably go out faster than they came in, I could only imagine that there would be a significant loss in performance.
It seems pointless in owning a set of pipes that that are annoyingly loud with no performance gain.

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,172 Posts
I think you all hurt someone's feelings. Now it says "This video has been removed by the user."

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
maybee cus the sound sucks, and they just waisted 500 bucks plus a fueler. to lose 20 hp. they should have just baught an airhead if they wanted that low of hp rating. they look hot and i was going to buy them the V-lux from matt hotch is my fav bike, but the pipes are just to stupid for such fast bike.

·
Registered
167 Posts
No hurt intended here.
It didn't sound as though all the necessary mods have been carried out to make these pipes sound sweet at least.
I've heard this sound before when I put an expensive set of 2 1/4" exhaust pipes on my Softail, and while I thought they looked cool, they sounded like the exhaust brakes on a truck and was robbing me of horses. I later confirmed that by riding it in its bolt on state and then having everything dialled in at the local H-D shop. Whilst they had it sounding slightly better, there was still a loss in performance.
If one hasn't been run already, a Poll on what exhausts and or exhaust mods give the greatest horse power gains for say stock V-Rods would be interesting.
:)
The thread below is worth a read on the topic of these exhausts.

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70468

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,172 Posts
diverse said:
Video has been removed?
Yeah, that is why I said yesterday -> I think you all hurt someone's feelings. Now it says "This video has been removed by the user."

I never got to see it either.

·
Registered
45 Posts
WELL ... you guys just took a thread that has been requested for about 4 months now and slammed the poor guys bike. I personal have these pipes. That wasn't a good video and the pipes sound great. They sound like a REAL Harley should sound. As far as performance ... if there is any loss it is so slight that I can't tell. I was going more for the look then anything else. They look way better then any stock V-Rod exhaust or the shit out there that just replaces the tips of the enormous stock pipes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd agree about the video being of very poor quality. I just wish there was some dyno info coming...because no matter how good something looks; I'm not going to pay $500+ for a performance loss.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts