Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just recently joined the forum - thanks to everyone for all the great info. Like a lot of people on here, i'm looking at changing my '11 DX and wondering if anyone has had experience with these short rear fenders, found it on ebay. It comes unpainted but looks a lot like it has the right shape, pre-drilled holes etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I loved mine. Holes might not be perfect, but worked after drilling out. Don't over tighten bolts or it can crack the fiberglas. I used bigger washers with mine. Paint work was really easy, no imperfections in the fiberglas to fix like some ebay parts. I bought mine from Sarasota Fl and about to get another one for my 09 NRS. Dogs ass will need cutting down for it to fit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I loved mine. Holes might not be perfect, but worked after drilling out. Don't over tighten bolts or it can crack the fiberglas. I used bigger washers with mine. Paint work was really easy, no imperfections in the fiberglas to fix like some ebay parts. I bought mine from Sarasota Fl and about to get another one for my 09 NRS. Dogs ass will need cutting down for it to fit.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Do you have photos? Whats a dogs ass Can the plate be attached to this? In my country side plates are not legal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Do you have photos? Whats a dogs ass Can the plate be attached to this? In my country side plates are not legal.
It's your inner fender, you have to cut it down because the fender is so short. I had a side mount for my plates

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Jimorg. Been on the fence about which short fender to go with - most of them run at about $500 and above - i figure if i buy this and it fits OK with a bit of work, get it painted i can spend some of the savings on air ride. Good to know they are pretty decent. If you have any pics post em up - but thanks for the info.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What was the overall fit and finish like?
Was good, reused 2 holes on inner fender and had to just drill 1 hole but it came with a template of where to cut the innder fender and drill that hole. Didnt come painted so I had to pay extra $150 to get it painted locally. He had 2 other version that were longer/wider looking, one even had a rear seat but I wanted to make my tire look bigger LOL and didnt need a passenger the seat.(said would only recommend like 120 lbs or less on it ) I like that it came with the turn signals and rear light and all mounting hardware as well. I would have preferred the seat to be a touch longer as Im use to the stock seat that pretty much lays up on the airbox cover where as this set doesnt even touch it. I will probably look at getting a real leather custom seat made in the future anyways. Im happy with it overall though

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Ernie, that's a really nice look. So many questions - sorry!

Any chance you can remember who it's from? Killer Customs or ride hard rod maybe?

What make air ride did you go with and anything you can tell us about it? (how was it to install, how does it ride) i've always wondered if you can ride with it lowered a little so it looks better.

really nice bike!

·
Registered
6 Posts
The fender is from CustomBikes Warmar on facebook. Martynas Warmar is his name, hes in Lithuania. I went with Arnott air with rebound adjustment. Bought it through Biohazard Cycles online. ( Also where I got My Akro exhaust, he seems to have the cheapest prices )

The Arnott was pretty easy to install, cant tell you about the ride cause all of these things i recently did and havent gotten to ride yet.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought my body kit which came with the intake cover, seat and rear fender, and it has a metal sub frame should the missus wanna ride. Not much of a seat for her so I bought a removable seat from Zeel Design. So the Kit is from Killer Customs and I am sure it is a copy of the NO LIMIT CUSTOMS but neither here nor there and it came painted...
I did have to relocate my electronic but it also came with a plate to do this. Only issue was no instructions so pretty much trial and error to make it all work. Oh and the little passenger pad (if ya can call it that is removable) IMG20200509174759.jpg

·
ED5005
2 Posts
Hey all, just recently joined the forum - thanks to everyone for all the great info. Like a lot of people on here, i'm looking at changing my '11 DX and wondering if anyone has had experience with these short rear fenders, found it on ebay. It comes unpainted but looks a lot like it has the right shape, pre-drilled holes etc.

View attachment 603587
Hey Steve. I bought this fender off Ebay at the beginning of the year. As soon as I pulled it out of the box I realized you get what you pay for. The whole fender was crooked and I could easily tell that one side of the fender was shorter by atleast half inch. I ended up returning it which was a hassle too since I had to also contact Ebay to get my money back. Also, the fender did not look as good as I hoped it would since I don't have air suspension to lower it.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I bought the same fender to experiment with. Got it cheap enough. It's fixable if you want to spend the time and effort, but far,far from bolt on ready. Mine was twisted and crooked. And now sits up on a shelf in my shop. I'm looking for a oem narrow frame fender to mod (hack) now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts