Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always ridden sportbikes, never had a bike with the pegs so far forward, I'm sure I'll get used to it...

This may sound stupid, but I saw a picture of a guy riding a V-Rod going down the highway with tops of his feet hanging over the rear passenger pegs, he was practically laying down on the bike...

Looked kinda :gay: to me, but hey, to each their own...

Does anyone really ride like this routinely on the freeway?

·
#1 Red Wings Fan
138 Posts
I also tried to use them to see if I could and if I liked the position... Nope and Nope.....

I have grown to love the ride of the forward controls.......

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
Not me :)

I would like to get some pegs up front to rest on for longer rides though. I like the forward position, but on a 250+ mile day my legs were getting tired. I ended up hooking the toes of my boots around the shifter and brake to rest, but not a good idea, imho...

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I thought it was only kids on 50cc crotch rockets that did that

I guess they do describe the NRS as a drag bike, but I think riding like that is taking a bit too far.

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
The DX position is probably the most comfortable you'll find. If you're tall enough that is. Having ridden a CBR1000RR with GP peg positions for 2 years, the DX is a very welcomed position. I can actually feel my knees when I'm done riding.

·
Registered
104 Posts
yannis60 said:
I know what u mean....why dont u change the controls to a middle position? Its an easy mod... look at my bike!
Yannis, is that the night rod pegs youv'e got ?
Where did you buy the kit and how much was it ?

·
Registered
266 Posts
is it possible to just put regular pegs in the mid position and just use them for a change of pace while riding

·
jus cruizin
1,879 Posts
Dark_HD_07 said:
The DX position is probably the most comfortable you'll find. If you're tall enough that is. Having ridden a CBR1000RR with GP peg positions for 2 years, the DX is a very welcomed position. I can actually feel my knees when I'm done riding.
Couldn't agree more Dark. I have finally given in myself after 30 years of sportbikes this is my first feet forward scooter. The ol bod couldn't be happier :D

·
Premium Member
13,343 Posts
I have my passenger foot rests (Kuryakyn mini floorboards) moved about 7" forward. I angle them down in front when I'm solo, and put my feet there. Its good for about 40 minutes or so (then I need to get circulation back in my feet). But its a great position.

·
SB-XLII or Bust...
1,684 Posts
When I am on the freeway - I do put my feet on the passenger pegs (not over the passenger pegs...) in order to lean more into the wind.

I only do this on high speed/long distance rides for a change in position.

I could care less if it 'looks gay', it provides a different position so that I don't get sore after being on the bike for more than 2 hours trying to hold on...

·
Registered 5150
78 Posts
Mark Ducati said:
I've always ridden sportbikes, never had a bike with the pegs so far forward, I'm sure I'll get used to it...

This may sound stupid, but I saw a picture of a guy riding a V-Rod going down the highway with tops of his feet hanging over the rear passenger pegs, he was practically laying down on the bike...

Looked kinda :gay: to me, but hey, to each their own...

Does anyone really ride like this routinely on the freeway?
Had an 06, replaced the stock passenger pegs with the A model type, was a nice ride especially on highway. I now have an 07, dumped the forward controls for mids, the rear pegs suck for me to use and you cant change them that easily. I find that having your feet back on the rear pegs is a nice feel and it handles nice especially when your squeezing in 500+ mi. on a rod trip a day! I hope to find a solution to my current rear peg situation sos that I can get back to riding that way when needed.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I agree with Dark also, I've always had sport bikes in the past, but after a couple of hours my knees would be all but locked up, the forward foot controls is a great riding position, even where i live in the curves of western NC. Hey Phreak, how do you like those Joker pipes, do you have 2into1?
I'm trying to decide between those and the FAIC, both are just under 800 so I'm looking for oppinions!!!!!

·
Registered
878 Posts
yannis60 said:
I know what u mean....why dont u change the controls to a middle position? Its an easy mod... look at my bike!
Yannis is that the AGV helmet your wearing??

1 - 20 of 25 Posts