Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering how tall everyone is? Lately I've been kind of feeling a little uncomfortable riding beyond 25 miles. I'm thinking that maybe it's because I'm a little on the short side (5'9) for this bike. If so, I'm going to try out the reduced reach seat, and foot pegs/pedals.

·
INVICTUS
127 Posts
Im 5'9 and have no problems with my legs. I am getting D Bars for the pull back though. I will post how I like it once installed.

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
I am 5' 11" and this bike feels like it fits perfect for me just as she is :)

I am sure you can make the adjustments, you could even try just adjusting your existing controls to tilt back a little more before you switch them out.

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
6' and she fits perfect. I put on the X drag bars, so I'm a little more clamshelled, but I love the riding position.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
It would seem Harley designed the bike for a 6' 0" rider. I'm 6'2" and wouldnt mind some forward control extentions.

·
Kicking cancer's ass
969 Posts
5'8" totally comfortable with no changes, and that's coming from a former Road King rider.

Longest single day so far was just over 400 miles. Only complaint is not being able to stand up a little to get blood flow back to the old butt cheeks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm 6'2" and I could actually stand having the controls a few inches longer... uh, I mean forward. Oh well. Story of my life.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm 67" and had the dealer install the reach seat and footpeg kit before I took delivery of my 08 DX. As far as the pegs, my advice is to just go with the foot pegs and not the Shifter Peg and Brake Pedal that come in the kit. I ended up going back to the stock peg and brake pedal. The shifter peg extension and brake pedal that come in the kit stick out almost as far as the end of the foot pegs and was very uncomfortable to use. Lesson learned the hard ($) way.

The other thing I did was to roll the bars back and adjust the hand controls so that my reach was reduced to about what it was on my 01 Night Train. Right now, everything is very comfortable, especially at speed. My longest ride was about 200 miles with no discomfort (except for having to stop for fuel).

·
Registered
683 Posts
DFinch said:
Only complaint is not being able to stand up a little to get blood flow back to the old butt cheeks.
:them:

i'm 6'0 and bike fits perfectly, but after 100 miles or so I can't feel a damn thing down there....

could use some way forward pegs just to rest the feet on long cruises.... any suggestions?????

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm 5'6". Got an extended reach seat and drag bars. Have to stop every hour or so and stretch out.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Just purchased 08DX - putting 12 inch mini apes and Sundowner on the DX. I think it will fit great. I like rides of over 100 miles - I am 5'9.

·
matt blk & fire hot
1,569 Posts
6'4" and I like it the way it is. if anything I would want the bars 1" back toward me so it would be more up right for 2-up riding.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts