Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 dx and i am looking for a smaller rear seat something more slim line like the AW. So if you want to trade rear seats sent me message thanks

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
aw seat

i dont want to trade but i have an aw seat ill sell .

i used it one season , always kept in the garage when not in use .

I would like to get $60 plus shipping for it .

i already have a stock front and rear too lol

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I doubt anything but an 07 and up (wide frame) seat will fit/mount and they will all be the same size.
Well I see a alot of people with it and they just say that is a a or aw seat do you have one

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Well I see a alot of people with it and they just say that is a a or aw seat do you have one
The point is, if it will mount to your 2010 it will be the same size. The 180 tire seats have different hole alignments. I suppose you could modify it but it still needs to line up with the front seat size-wise. Some early years also do not have the electronics under the seat. Those are the sleek looking seats.

In any case eBay always has them on the cheap.

·
HUGE member
2,010 Posts
The point is, if it will mount to your 2010 it will be the same size. The 180 tire seats have different hole alignments. I suppose you could modify it but it still needs to line up with the front seat size-wise. Some early years also do not have the electronics under the seat. Those are the sleek looking seats.

In any case eBay always has them on the cheap.
I'm not sure what your point is.. .He asked for a aw seat.the aw seat works. Why bring up the difference between models? Sounds like he knows what he's doing.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
i dont want to trade but i have an aw seat ill sell .

i used it one season , always kept in the garage when not in use .

I would like to get $60 plus shipping for it .

i already have a stock front and rear too lol
i have one ? it fit my 08 dx , i assume it will fit any wide frame , i dont know what year the seat came off of , i just know it was a aw seat from a wide framed aw

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so does any one have a seat off of a aw they would like to trade for a dx

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
I'm not sure what your point is.. .He asked for a aw seat.the aw seat works. Why bring up the difference between models? Sounds like he knows what he's doing.
:banghead: It's not that hard is it?

Because he thinks it's a smaller seat than the DX and if it bolts to a wide frame it's not smaller! Got it? The older models are smaller/thinner seats. I swapped for an 07 D seat - 180 tire bike seat and it's the same exact size as the DX 240.

Here's the older seat style for cheap - try it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Genu...5249736QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
HUGE member
2,010 Posts
Wisebud I'm sorry your thread got all muddled up. Do not buy that eBay seat seat it will not work. You want the aw seat only. The one from a d is not the slim looking one. It looks like a dx seat with different stitching. The one Ger has is the one you are looking for...good price too.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Wisebud I'm sorry your thread got all muddled up. Do not buy that eBay seat seat it will not work. You want the aw seat only. The one from a d is not the slim looking one. It looks like a dx seat with different stitching. The one Ger has is the one you are looking for...good price too.
Exactly, same size, different stitching, but the OP is after a smaller seat.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's not a problem about the trend being muddled up. I just don't want to spend any money on a seat if I can trade someone lol. So wance agin if anyone wants to trade a AW for a DX rear seat let me know lol

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
I am surprised no one who has an AW won't trade. I saw one today for 30 bucks on ebay. Horrible riding, but cool looking. If you ride solo, the AW pillion is great! Joe

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am surprised no one who has an AW won't trade. I saw one today for 30 bucks on ebay. Horrible riding, but cool looking. If you ride solo, the AW pillion is great! Joe
where on ebay did you see the seat

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
My Bad. The AW seat sold. Keep this up - I know there are AW riders who need your pillion. Joe

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
bump still looking

1 - 18 of 18 Posts