Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if a vrsdx rear fender will fit the muscle? Dont know if Id ever do it but I think itd look cool. Would give more seat optons as well.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
yes - same frame.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Not to throw stones but the rear fender on the F is one of the best aspects and you want to replace it with the DX?? Why wouldn't you buy the DX to start?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DX rear fender would make it different, give different seat options (maybe), and look cool. Having said that, I cant see me doing it in the near future. I love the look of my F the way it is but its nice to know what options exist for future mods if I get the urge. I would not consider any mod if it required altering the bike in such a way that it wasnt reversible. If anyone tries this fender exchange I'd love to see it.

·
Throttle Happy!
797 Posts
DX rear fender would make it different, give different seat options (maybe), and look cool.
I believe it requires a different rear sub frame / fender support as well but still a bolt-on to the frame which as stated is the same.

Actually my friend has an 09 DX and wants to put a F rear fender on that ride. You crazy kids should switch parts and kill two birds with one mod... :D

We need a good photoshop geek to make both options so we all can look at the outcome! :popcorn

·
Throttle Happy!
797 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wouldnt be willing to swap, I would want to be able to reverse it back to stock. Would like to see the photoshopped image if someone can do it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
so can you buy a subframe and put it on the f and change the seat and run it fenderless?....i realy want to run my bike fenderless....starting to think i shoulda went wit a dx

·
Throttle Happy!
797 Posts
I wouldnt be willing to swap, I would want to be able to reverse it back to stock. Would like to see the photoshopped image if someone can do it.
Was kidding but it's funny how you're both looking for each others "look"...

·
Throttle Happy!
797 Posts
Black with two orange stripes, if ya want it ill find the subframe to go under it.
It's for a fellow rider bud of mine, a truck tapped his and I've been bugging him to fix it.

I just texted him and will also see him at work tomorrow and I'll bug him some more.

I'll let you know what's up after I talk with him. Thanks!

·
Throttle Happy!
797 Posts
so can you buy a subframe and put it on the f and change the seat and run it fenderless?....i realy want to run my bike fenderless....starting to think i shoulda went wit a dx
Bite your tongue! The F rocks. :D

Some cutting on that subframe and a real small "fender" might look pretty sick. You'd have to lower the bike quite a bit to complete the look. You first!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
dont get me wrong i love my F but theres so much more you can do to a dx....so would a dx rear subframe work to run it fenderless with a dx seat?...even if i have to mod a lil bit i would realy like to do it i love the fenderless look....i already plan on lowering it over the winter

·
Registered
181 Posts
there is a few guys that put a F fender on there DX and the seat too so i would asume that you could but a DX fender on a F but the seats also.

ps i would swap i have a 2010 DX

1 - 15 of 15 Posts