Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, been trolling here for awhile and I am finally getting serious about picking up a bike. With the winter months coming on quickly, I have set my sights on finding a DX this winter for a good price.

Between ebay, craigslist, cycletrader, etc I can find 2007-2008 DX's for around the $10k mark in my neck of the woods (no, not all of them, but there are a fair number in this range).

Being new to bikes, what kind of a price drop should I be holding out for during the long winter months? My initial thought was $9k should be a pretty good buy, with $8k being a fool's hope.

Opinions? Am I completely crazy to think I could pick one up for that range?

·
Wishes he was riding
91 Posts
Just started looking (totaled mine) and I'm seeing 10 for a 08 is about the best I can do. I'm holding out for this winder is see if any great for 8. Had a friend pick up a vrod for 7 but it wasn't a DX.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I'm seeing too. You can find 02-05 vrods for below 7 in a few places, most are around 7-8. Cheapest DX I have found was an 07 for $9750.

·
Wishes he was riding
91 Posts
I might give up and pick up an 05 in the 7s - I have been bidding on a few that are close to me. I REALLY loved my DX so I hope I can find another.

·
Registered
164 Posts
i would stick to the 10k range but the good thing about that will be its probably very low mileage and possibly still under warranty if they got the extended. i have noticed a lot of low mileage ones for sale, just from people that dont really like riding or guys that pissed off their wives and she is making him sell it, or just people that want out. not to mention the new lower 2011 prices also helps. just remember the difference is the 2008 and 2007 is the engine. the 2008 has the 1250cc while the 2007 still retains the 1130cc? that also make effect price. either way to avoid fools hope and to be confident you are getting a good bike, i would plan on 10K. if you find it cheaper then thats a plus. good luck

·
Wishes he was riding
91 Posts
Still looking, the HD dealer in Chicago has an 08 for 10+tax but someone got to it before me. I see them for as much as 16, I think thats crazy.

·
Wishes he was riding
91 Posts
Yep, that Muscle for 13,5 has my eye but i'm holding out for winter pricing

·
Registered
23 Posts
get a 2011

I justed ordered a 2011 DX. I got it for $15,515 out the door. Dealer didn't even charge me setup fees. With it being new you can even get it financed 72 months.

·
motorsickle1130
219 Posts
I want one!

If you want crazy, look at the craigslist in Portland (OR). Apparently crack is still popular up here, cause these guys have to be HIGH! One guy thinks he's going to get $13k for an 03 with miles. The best deal I've seen has been DX's for no less than $12k. I got my 06 D for $10k with passenger crap and another set of complete wheels with rubber (new) and discs. Probably could have waited but it's exactly what I wanted.
If you can get em for 10 with warranty and almost no miles, jump on it, don't wait!:stilpoke:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts