Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend sent me this pic she took on the day of me leaving for my 2week road trip i took at the end of june this year. and i realized i never really got to showing many. this setup worked pretty good. the tank bag suctioned on and could hold a loot. it would pop loose once in a while until i figured out good placement of the cups.

i had a taller sissy bar made up from a friend. it didnt bolt up to baseplate too good and wasnt aligned up good with fender, but it did the job. but now i have a spare baseplate so im gonna try a welding one on to it and making it look better.

hog had the ride the rockies ride going on. i was one the only few vrods there out of 1000 people. after the week in colorado for that i headed to 4corners, just to say ive been there. then i headed up to yellowstone, spent a day there. off to mt rushmore camped 2nights there and then headed back home. had 5000 miles put on by the time i got home.

theres more up here http://www.flickr.com/photos/ieatbrains/sets/72157600670108295/

·
Banned
579 Posts
Nice Pics

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
Fantastic pics!....I cant wait to take a trip on my DX..

Dan

·
Registered
207 Posts
Great pics. What windshield did you use? HD or aftermarket?

·
Back in Black
212 Posts
Moe Dog said:
Great pics. What windshield did you use? HD or aftermarket?
The screen is the HD Compact Mid-Sport Windshield 57870-07.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
jimlowe said:
nice pics. but what have you got on your head in the first pic??
thats my arai helmet, keeps the bugs off my face. the bike was just coated in them by the time i got home. since i never really got caught in rain except on the first day.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
nice pics...it looked like one hell of a trip!!

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
i took the time to look thru your flickr stream

man you had a great trip by the looks of it.. i think i might have to do something to the sort next summer.. take two weeks off and just ride.. however.. i wouldnt be camping along the way LOL..i can be a bit of a princess..

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
3OliveMartini said:
i took the time to look thru your flickr stream

man you had a great trip by the looks of it.. i think i might have to do something to the sort next summer.. take two weeks off and just ride.. however.. i wouldnt be camping along the way LOL..i can be a bit of a princess..
i camped half and motel'd it the other half. sometimes i wasnt ready to stop riding so id say screw finding a campsite and stopping for the night and just ride a lil longer and get a motel after i got far enough.

im gonna need to work on a better setup next time tho, that tent was way small, something a a bit bigger wouldve been better.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts