Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Picked up my dad a vrsca a couple months ago, and I am now in the market for a dx. Making the switch from sport bikes. Anways I was looking on here and someone has (i think) the dx headlight visor cromed out on a vrsca? is that even possible? I want to show him a picture of it, but I can't find the pic anymore. Let me know since I think my dad would like it.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I have a Dx light for sale if he wants to do the swap, I changed my mind and kept my headlight the way it is. It is a easy swap though. I think the user name is SUMONDABITCHES or something like that. He is the one with the chrome dx on his A. My light cowl is ready for paint (in primer)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, that would be cool, Ill talk to him about it, we are in victoria, so close to you. How much are you selling it for?

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I bought it a few months ago on here for 250.00 from a member. Ill sell it for 200.00, If you guys are in vic we should catch up next season for a ride! If you can wait there are some KILLER deals on bikes for sale in the classifieds here if going south of the border for a bike works for you? I wonder if he bought the black A? had supertrapp pipes and it was an 06/7 with the 240?

What year is his Vrsca? if its 2005 or up the dx light plugs right in?

·
Corpsman UP!
260 Posts
Did the swap on mine, LOVE IT!!! Anodized DX, took my 02' VRSCA and switched it up to look like a DX, did it all myself last year and got compliments all summer long and havent regretted it once.

DO IT!!!

·
Corpsman UP!
260 Posts
Gdub yessir I did switch to the B riser and drag bars.

Van, the wires had to shorten'd to accommodate the short pullback and length of the drag bars but it was really easy to do, cut the wires but not all at the same spot to avoid a big knot of soldered wires, then dressed up with some silver mesh wire boot.

I am by no means a bike tech, just a do it yourselfer, and this was a fun and easy project, the only thing I had a hitch with was the change out of the 30t pulley for the 28t, the master nut was a ball breaker to get off and you need a narrow wall socket to do it... side note there sorry.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Ya I had to file down (70roadrunners) 30mm socket to get to the flange nut. My 30mm was to short. I meant the light bulb wiring for the DX light has a 4plug connector and the A type light has a different plug in. Did you re wire that? or your 2002 was plug and play?

Did you calibrate your speedo for your 28 tooth? I did my speedo was out 11km, when I did the 240 conversion/flangepulley swap.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Everything is plug and play. Besides shortening the wires, which I did not do on my girls bike, there is nothing to it.

·
Corpsman UP!
260 Posts
for the light I just spliced the like wires together per advice here on the forum, and all is well for high and low beam.

as for the speedo, I have not recalibrated it and am running a 200 metz, havent gone up on the swing arm for 240+ rear. I just keep up with the flow of traffic... okay try not to go too much faster than the regular flow of traffic and guess its off by 3mph give or take.

Noticed a difference in the gas and rpms with the 28 though, not bad just revs higher at lower speed than before and is a bit more thirsty... worth it though, wouldnt go back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts