Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K I'm buying a dx headlight and I know u have to wire it up so do I have to find the dx headlight plug and wire that in...? I'm not sure if he's selling me a already cut harness with the bulb in there or not. I'm just tryin to figure out what I need to get this on next week..thanks

P.s I did a search but found nothing on the dx harness just what color wires to use thanks

·
Just a big ole Doof
919 Posts
You can buy the pins and connector blocks from HD for cheap. Did it with my billet bucket. It should be a four pin connector.

·
Registered
600 Posts
this should be a plug and play swap out. The A models have a harness that splits to allow two bulb to plug in. Follow this harness back to the bike side and unplug it. Then all you should have to do is plug in the wiring that comes with the DX light. I know some one will correct me if this is not right.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all ur help guys....I wish someone would chime in that has swapped over so I know forsure..

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I swapped from a DX to an A model light. I know whats required, just dont know the part numbers.
My bad... I did not know that...thanks for ur help...I figured since they have a 06 d that the harnesses should unplug from the frame and plug in the new harness..

·
Just a big ole Doof
919 Posts
What are you doing with your other headlight and visor?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not sure yet...I'm trading my bike in on a 2011 Sedona orange dx in a few weeks so I might sell it or put it on the dx to have somthing diff on there

·
Just a big ole Doof
919 Posts
Not sure yet...I'm trading my bike in on a 2011 Sedona orange dx in a few weeks so I might sell it or put it on the dx to have somthing diff on there
After installing those badazz tins? :spank:

Let me know if those #ed tins go on the market.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After installing those badazz tins? :spank:

Let me know if those #ed tins go on the market.
Fo sho...lol well I got thoes tins to trade it in with so it would bring a little more in trade instead of my satin black ones...for some reason harley like to paint bike flat black but don't like when u trade in a flat black lol dooh

·
brett
9,338 Posts
can i have $20 bucks if it is plug and play :hidesbeh: and then u can tell everyone its a straight swap ,lol

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
:) missed your post sorry so its a plug an play deal? what happens to the high beam light plug? or do you disconnect it before it splits up?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts