Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
THUNDER X 2
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My high beam burnt out, mostly because that's all I use. Picked up a new H4 bulb yesterday and started to tear into it. According to the service manual, to replace the bulb.
Lower nacelle. Remove screws from back. Unplug bulb. Twist the headlamp bulb CCW and pull straight out. WTF.
I had to remove the bezel which is held on by a small screw and a small nut (I did not have a socket that would fit). Then unplug and remove the headlamp. Run a small screw driver around the boot and remove it. Loosen 2 screw that hold the clip and bulb in place and pull bulb straight out. Installation was reverse procedure.

2007 VRSC SERVICE MANUAL
HEADLAMP (VRSCD/VRSCDX)
GENERAL This headlamp contains separate high and low beams. Each bulb is replaceable. Fig 8-24 even shows 2 bulbs. Manual does not mention how to remove the other bulb.
Also noticed that 2 of the rivets that hold the bucket tabs were loose. Simple repair drill out rivets replace with screws and bolts. No more loose head light.

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,127 Posts
Maybe they copied that part from another v-rod manual. My SE2 has 2 distinct bulbs an H9 and an H11, I put 2 H9s in there for brightness. But also in my garage is a DX and I just looked to be sure, there is only 1 bulb which serves both functions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts