Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the 08 DX stock exhaust fit on the 05 VSRCB? Do I have to do any modifications to fit it?

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Friend of Max.
21,715 Posts
The support for the DX exhaust comes off of the bracket for the rear footpeg. I believe you would have to drill and tap the bottom of the triangle part of the frame to mount it.

It may be a little difficult because it was re-enforced for supporting the passenger peg and the exhaust on the later bikes. But it *could* be done, I think.

·
EXCELSIOR
8,373 Posts
As RJ stated you'll have to fabricate a hanger bracket, either to the top shock bolt or to adapt to the B muffler bracket.
I bought a set of DX pipes for my B a few years back so I could mount the D mid pegs.
I haven't done it yet but did make a trial fit and that is what I discovered.

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My '05 Vrod VRSC-B came with Bub Jug Huggers. I am to get a stock or other quieter exhaust system than my Bubs for my 2005 Vrod VRSC-B. Would the bracket from the bub jug huggers be used for the stock DX exhaust? What modifications would I need to make?Any help would be appreciated.

They are exactly like the ones on this post
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154958

·
Friend of Max.
21,715 Posts
My '05 Vrod VRSC-B came with Bub Jug Huggers. I am to get a stock or other quieter exhaust system than my Bubs for my 2005 Vrod VRSC-B. Would the bracket from the bub jug huggers be used for the stock DX exhaust? What modifications would I need to make?Any help would be appreciated.

They are exactly like the ones on this post
http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154958
Anything is possible, but the Jugg Huggers are bolted up with the standard A bracketry. The R/D/DX use a different bracket as the passenger pegs are on the rear of the frame instead of on the swingarm like the previous models. Therefore, they hang the exhaust off of that foot peg bracket.

Could you fabricate a bracket that supports from below? Sure, it's possible. But it would be a little bit of work to do so.

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks rj. I appreciate your help. I will find a way even if I have to fabricate a custom bracket.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

1 - 6 of 6 Posts