Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
06 Night Rod
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 Night Rod and would love to have 07 DX bars.If any one would like to change please PM me?:notworth:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Funny thing Randy, drove the Night rod and the only thing I did not like was the bars, think u will love the DX ones

·
Registered
254 Posts

·
I'm 'avin hoops
695 Posts
Mark Ducati said:
What do you guys think of these bars?

$144 UK, I dont know if they deliver to the US or not....

http://www.taylormade-wheels.co.uk
I like a lot of stuff from Taylor Made - great parts. I'm going to be ordering from them soon.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'd sure like to see those bars on a DX... they look a little too wide though.

1,501 Posts
They don't look that wide, the grips and switches will go up to lights and the riser in the middle, certainly a lot more of a C shape to the riding position!!

Not sure how safe they are, not very prominant position for the blinkers.

Best bet is a straight bar (try a broomstick??) and relocate the blinkers using the HD kit (have it in my gallery if you want to see what it looks like).

·
Registered
254 Posts
Diverse,

I love these bars, I briefly played with putting my hands over the clutch and front brake pretending I was riding with a straighter bar... its not that much more of a reach. $235 doesnt seem that big a chunk/investment for something so cool.

My only concern is how wide the bars are... are they relatively the same width as the stock bars? If so, I'm all over them and will order.

If they're 6" wider on each side, that seems kinda silly....

Sorry to sound so naive, but I know nothing about these kinds of mods.

Second concern is, I wonder if the DX's headlight fairing might block the turn signals?

Anybody know?

1,501 Posts
They look about the same, can always email Steve @ Taylor-Made for info, some stuff he doesn't make such as the DA replacement (it's EuroComponents/W&W).

In their book (W&W) have a company called FEHLING make a straight bar and the lights are very bright they are 97cm wide with a 9cm pullback or 99cm wide and a 5cm pullback.

·
Registered
254 Posts
DAk,

Very cool! Nice bars!

But I was more interested in the turn signals being integrated within the bar itself...

BTW, What happened to your DX headlight fairing, does it not fit with the CX bar?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I am not a fan of the DX Headlight and Cowl set up. I switched to the A model Headlight

1 - 17 of 17 Posts