Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to change from stock DX bars to Reduced Reach B. The dealer ordered a vrsca brake line, but it is on back order til mid Aug. Does anyone know if there is another brake line that will work or can I do some kind of mod to the stock line. Also throttle and clutch, will they have to be replaced or can I get by for a few weeks? Any help and part #'s would be appreciated!

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
get a set of stainless brake lines made up.the stock vrsca throttle cables will work.you dont need to change the clutch cable.

·
Trailers R 4 Boats
1,271 Posts
Here's what I did. I bought the reduced reach handlebar kit from Harley. The only thing I used was the handlebars and the clutch line. I didn't like the fit of the brake lines and had them custom made. I didn't like the fit of the throttle cables and had them cutom made. you can see them in my Gallery.

JRDVRSCDX said:
I am trying to change from stock DX bars to Reduced Reach B. The dealer ordered a vrsca brake line, but it is on back order til mid Aug. Does anyone know if there is another brake line that will work or can I do some kind of mod to the stock line. Also throttle and clutch, will they have to be replaced or can I get by for a few weeks? Any help and part #'s would be appreciated!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where can you get the brake lines custom made? Is it possibe to cut the metal tube of the line and extend it with compression couplings? Right now I'm just trying to make the swap as cheap as possible and with little down time. Thanks for the reply!

·
Trailers R 4 Boats
1,271 Posts
Go to your local bike shop and they should be able to measure and order them

JRDVRSCDX said:
Where can you get the brake lines custom made? Is it possibe to cut the metal tube of the line and extend it with compression couplings? Right now I'm just trying to make the swap as cheap as possible and with little down time. Thanks for the reply!

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
I have a B brake line, clutch line, and throttle/idle cables -- there your's for 30 bucks plus shipping. Let me know if you want them. Take care. cw

1 - 7 of 7 Posts