Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Pulling your strings
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting some DX bars for me D. Wondering if all the stock lines will work? It's just an inch of difference, right?

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
masterofpuppets said:
Sweet, that's what I thought. How bad would the swap be? I'm just trying to see if this is outside my ability before I proceed.
It's very easy. You can do it! You don't even have to mess with the throttle/idle cables. Loosen & remove left switches & grip. Loosen right side...do NOT remove. Loosen & remove handlebar clamp. Slide old bar out from right hand controls. Slide new bar into right hand controls, but do not tighten yet. Reassemble handle bar clamp and only go hand tight. Install left hand controls. Center & angle bar where you want it & tighten handlebar clamp. Tighten both sides controls. Crack a beer and enjoy!

Or something like that...

·
Pulling your strings
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NightMare said:
It's very easy. You can do! You don't even have to mess with the throttle/idle cables. Loosen & remove left switches & grip. Loosen right side...do NOT remove. Loosen & remove handlebar clamp. Slide old bar out from right hand controls. Slide new bar into right hand controls, but do not tighten yet. Reassemble handle bar clamp and only go hand tight. Install left hand controls. Center & angle bar where you want it & tighten handlebar clamp. Tighten both sides controls. Crack a beer and enjoy!

Or something like that...
Wow! Thanks! That's all I needed to know!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts