Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This bike attracts more attention than anything I have ever had.

I had the owner of a Yamaha dealership make a special trip outside to check out my bike today. I was picking up some gloves and the owner of a competitor comes out and slobbers all over my bike. I was outside for about 10 minutes while he obsessed....

I have had many people comment but when an owner of a direct competitor does it...just kind of make you step back to realize how lucky you are to own the baddest bike on the streets.

BTW the Alpinestars SMX-2 gloves are the best gloves I have tried on by a long shot. Check them out if you are looking.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I've told this story before but I'll do it again... parked my bike at a Jack in the Box and sat to enjoy a tasty ultimate cheeseburger and of course I sat next to the window where I could see my bike...

The drive thru line was forming for lunch and there were several cars in line making their way to the order box... one guy in a big ol ford truck was looking pretty hard... and the car in front of him started moving forward... he eased forward while still looking at the bike... the car in front of him stopped.... he kept easing forward...

crunch...

lol, he wasnt going very fast but his front bumper broke the tail lights of the car in front of him... I nearly choked on my burger...

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
I get the same thing everywhere I take my bike, people are always coming up and saying "what is it!!!!" ;)

I told a story here once about the guy who pulled up along side me with his wife in their car. He asked if I was willing to trade my bike for his wife :)

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I love when I am riding with 4 or 5 bikes and when we stop everyone makes their way thru the other bikes to get to mine. They ask many questions and then say "oh those other bikes are nice too"

·
Registered
488 Posts
lol! yeah... I'm always on my DX and my uncle on his bright yellow SE and any time we pull in a parking lot... people leave the bikes they were looking at to look at ours ;)

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Its the "RockStar Rod" thing and we're lucky enough to have one! Get used to it cause it is part of the deal-LOL!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Same here, parked outside the local biker bar one night recent and the reaction was amazing, purists that drive traditional Harley's commented that they didn't like v-rods but the DX was a class machine, though was told to get rid of my Arai and get a proper lid :)
Another commented that it was about time I bought "some kind of an fn...g Harley" saying that he said it was one cool bike

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
zcat said:
Its the "RockStar Rod" thing and we're lucky enough to have one! Get used to it cause it is part of the deal-LOL!

Granted I only have a "regular" 07 D but I get the same thing everywhere I go. People are constantly giving themselves whip lash looking at my bike. The other day I saw this gorgeous girl in a sweet chevy truck literally circling my bike in the parking lot. We started talking and apparently it's her dream bike. She has an HD calender and she said it didn't matter what month it was, it always stays on the V-Rod. Of course like an idiot I was just so blown away by her hotness that I didn't even think to ask if she wanted to go for a ride or get her number. Yet again I've proved that my bike is cooler than it's owner.:banghead: :bash:

·
Registered
488 Posts
PeytonVRSCD said:
Yet again I've proved that my bike is cooler than it's owner.:banghead: :bash:
ROFL... I was so the same way... and then the next thing you know I've got Hooters girls riding on my lap and I'm getting pulled over by girls on the highway to go for a ride... and then making out with them later in their car down the road at a gas station.

It's great being single and having a bike

·
Premium Member
1,479 Posts
KemahNightrod said:
ROFL... I was so the same way... and then the next thing you know I've got Hooters girls riding on my lap and I'm getting pulled over by girls on the highway to go for a ride... and then making out with them later in their car down the road at a gas station.

It's great being single and having a bike

I agree. Unfortunatley Fairbanks Alaska isn't the mecca of gorgeous chica's. They're here, just not as abundant. Someday when I get stationed back in the lower 48, Hawaii or Italy, I like to believe acts of random hotness will be more abundant lol.

Peyton

·
#1 Red Wings Fan
138 Posts
Went for my maiden voyage yesterday. 180 miles with some short stops. By the end of the ride as people would come up to look at our bikes my buddies would just point to me. Everyone wanted to know what it was and if it was really a H-D...

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
DJ91 said:
Went for my maiden voyage yesterday. 180 miles with some short stops. By the end of the ride as people would come up to look at our bikes my buddies would just point to me. Everyone wanted to know what it was and if it was really a H-D...
OK, here's the ultimate test of how hot this bike is. My wife made me sell my 04 CBR1000RR so that I could buy the 07DX.

·
Registered
84 Posts
They do get a lot of attention. I have had many people come up and say "is that a harley" and some say things like I am a sport bike guy and don't like harley but this is cool.

·
Registered
259 Posts
nightrodspecial said:
They do get a lot of attention. I have had many people come up and say "is that a harley" and some say things like I am a sport bike guy and don't like harley but this is cool.

I had some plonker ask me Saturady if it was a V-Max.

"What, No man it's a Harley" while he drooled over my bike, and his kid played
with my son I chatted to his wife.... now that was interesting...

·
Registered
324 Posts
nightrodspecial said:
Best quotes so far are the posh guy who got out his brand new Merc parked next to me and said 'oh my god, monsters really do exist, that really is a beast of a bike'.
A guy stopped to ask about the bike, his wife came along two minutes later and said 'wow, that is beautiful, its like a work of art - you should charge people to look at it'.
Best pop star status - noticed a car right up behind me, opened it up for a while (had me ear plugs in) then slowed to nearer the speed limit as I noticed it was a brand new Porshe 911 turbo and thought he might want to overtake, after 5 miles I pulled over to where I was meeting some other bikes, instead of overtaking he goes really slow and gives the thumbs up shouting cool bike, then speeds of in his £100,000 911. Sport bike owners watching....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts