Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

221 - 240 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Angelo and I worked back and forth to get the right design and he has someone that cuts it out. Was cool to be a part of the end product. Installation was the easy part lol

·
SpeedoDocter
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
Good to see all went well Izcain!
Custom Designs need some time...

for those interested in just color change or plates of any type speedo. or for the newer speedo's from 2007 and up take all options to even a bright shiftlight behind the eye's of a HQ Willy G skull design send me a mail and I send you my info by email.
[email protected]

I am also attending MWT... if you doubt see me there! (so if you doubt and want some to bring let me know, I could use the $ there :D )

·
SpeedoDocter
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
The website does have some problems... you can see much of my work in my facebookpage..

https://www.facebook.com/DutchCustomLed

Check me there .. i have cool pics and movies of custom build speedo's.
lights change/ faceplate change / Build in shiftlight as 3D eye's in the skull/ NEW soon.. build in dash gear indicator.

Send me your email for the fuill list of options examples and prices.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Did My Instrument Cluster Today

Thanks Angelo
I have literally just ordered Hanny's riser for my Rod
Once received I will let you know what I require
But think I am going to get a replacement set of clocks to do your mods on so mine stay original :)
But will be interested to know how far you have cone with plug n play as soldering etc makes me nervous

Regards DaZ
I did my Muscle today. It's a pretty easy mod. The soldering is no big deal but you need to have a soldering iron with a small fine tip and you have to figure out how to hold the small wires in place while you do the soldering.

Attachments

·
SpeedoDocter
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
im still here! more doing special custom stuff than ever..
check my facebook for the best idea.. website is outdated unfortunately.

take a look.. put a like and send me FR there or just an message! hope to see you!
cheers Angelo.

www.facebook.com/dutchcustomled

·
Registered
125 Posts
This seller is top notch, over a 2 year I contacted him numerous times with all kinds of questions before I finally pulled the trigger. And boy am I happy I did, originally at night I could barely read the speed I was going due to poor lighting Comming from the original speedo. During the day it was impossible to quickly glance and see what speed I was going. After the led mod it was like day and night, the speedo is now very legible at anytime of the day.

I wanted maximum performance from the led kit so I was advised to go with white numbers and red neidles.

The pictures are not that clear but I think it's easy to see the difference

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

·
SpeedoDocter
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #229
due the higher brightness the cam picks up the scratches. eye almost not indeed.
I do polish glass of gauges I receive here for rebuild and reseal so it looks like new.

Here and on my webpage I have mainly the stock configurations. All custom plates in stainless steel with the shiftlight and gearindicator options are on my FB page.

updated muscle mirrors and now developped a repair for the Muscle taillight. these turn out to fail easy on a internal weak point. I also made a complete new electronics as insert for the stock showing brighter and dynamic effect. let me know if you want to see the prototype movies I made...

·
Registered
139 Posts

·
SpeedoDocter
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #231
yes I prototyped a progressive shiftlight in the gearindicator. as a low-center and-high dash but no time with all my other projects. its actually even adding more gadget to a good thing as the shiftlight as is. I have mine hyper flash now and works perfect for street... actually more for when a lot of us from our group go nuts all of a sudden and you cant hear your own engine anymore :D

i see more in a shiftlight per gear. i modified my gearindicator for a guy who had a autoshifter with an input for a gear-voltage normally coming from a jap racer transmission. i made my unit with 5 different settable voltages one for each gear inbetween 0-5 volt.

For those interested maybe check my Facebook owners page.

website shows just basic stuff.
The Muscle daylight mirror mod and Dynamic Muscle taillight is being worked on at this moment. ones i have a reproducible unit i show it on my page there..

Meantime please contact (messenger) me there because i have that on my phone. and or send a friends request. or ; [email protected]

bottom's up! Angelo.

Regards Angelo

·
SpeedoDocter
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #232
oke getting messages 'I don't have facebook' so here a few teasers... just the colors are available as kit. rest are complete rebuilds with hyperflash shiftlight in the eye's and gearindicator.

For the DX and dark Muscle bikes a complete extreme blacked out option. display black with white numbers. needle delicate black too.
[/URL][/IMG]

nice example in a different style 02-03 Dual speed with sharp raw stainless finish. main KPH small MPH.
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Earthbound for good.
85 Posts

Fairly simple install although my board didn't come with a plug. 1st pic is doctored a little, 2nd is a true rendition. Really pops when going through shady spots.

·
SpeedoDocter
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #234
Mock up of new prototypes. plate and theme 0,2mm 301 type high precision lasercut stainless steel.
Also for all other models from 04 and up. (02-03 are 140-220kph and special plate)
Extreme Blacked out version of theme and display possible...

Backlight numbers and or needles in any combination out of
Blue Red Green Yellow Orange or White.

With or without Gearindicator or Shiftlight build in.
Check my FB page out for more idea's.

Attachments

·
SpeedoDocter
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
Few new 'BlackedOut' ...

extreme blacked out is digital display black with numbers lit up when on in same or different color as numbers.

DX mock-up for a customer wanting a ghost look of the punisher. both in mat black with geardisplay in the top.

But honestly I don't expect anyone to react from this forum...

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
We spoke on FB a bit back. I'll definitely be getting back with you when I'm ready for the bike to be down a bit. I love your work!

·
SpeedoDocter
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #238
I am.
By mail.
Not onto Facebook...
-06 R.
:)

Hey Knut! The 06R is a breed apart you know that. I have drawn a Muscle inspired plate for the 06R and 07R 2-3 years ago but never had it cut. if you want I can look it up. im having a few custom plates cut in 2-3 months and if I combine theme the costs are bearable.
else I can change a setting in the software and put a plate in from an NRS. below a few simple examples. one just colors and the other a nrs plate.

Attachments

·
SpeedoDocter
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #239
We spoke on FB a bit back. I'll definitely be getting back with you when I'm ready for the bike to be down a bit. I love your work!
all for the Vrod..

here some examples of a SE mph to kph conversion. digital display and faceplate.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
I’m interested in pricing, I have a 2013 v rod muscle and I’m interested in a black face dials with the silver skull, please contact me. I tried pm’ing you but apparently I need to have 5 posts to be able to send messages directly.

221 - 240 of 248 Posts