Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:eek: WOW did I see a cool slip-on exhaust today on a night rod special! Some dutch made system wired to a switch that has little throttle-like mechanisms in each muffler that opens for no baffles, and closes for a baffled sound.

Super expensive, though. Cost $1300 euros, which exchanges for about $3 billion right now, right?

Anyone have or seen this? Sounded great when open.

·
Premium Member
Pan American Son of VROD :-)
1,093 Posts
ARRGGGHHHH! Pics?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's kinda like what I saw, but not exactly. I'll get back to the dealership today and take some pics. Will post by 5:00 PM EST.

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
This exhaust is awesome. It gives you full control of how much sound it creates by simpling using the tool thats included with it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Those wheels are freakin' awesome! Probably about $8 billion American though.

How to you compensate for the assuming massive change in back pressure? It only takes a second to change the exhaust but what about performance?

·
Registered
494 Posts
paarrowman said:
that's kinda like what I saw, but not exactly. I'll get back to the dealership today and take some pics. Will post by 5:00 PM EST.
Look forward to the pics and details & whether or not the dealer actually sells the unit . . . :popcorn

·
SpeedoDocter
2,364 Posts
I have the 'A' version,best solution (but pricey)if you want a stock look....

http://www.jekillandhyde.nl/gb/vrod.php :sinister:

Always open ,and closed for those late homecomings or COPS.......

·
Registered
230 Posts
Fletch, where did you find that exhaust on the Rick's site? It looks like stock headers, custom 3rd volume without the cat, and a Kess-tech can. Is that accurate? It's pretty much EXACTLY what I want for my bike! (The only exhaust I've seen that I like more is the custom pipe on Racevrod's enduro-racing R with the twin BOS cans, but that would probably be a bit more pricey, if I could even get it done.)

·
Registered
494 Posts
YellowR said:
Fletch, where did you find that exhaust on the Rick's site? It looks like stock headers, custom 3rd volume without the cat, and a Kess-tech can. Is that accurate? It's pretty much EXACTLY what I want for my bike! (The only exhaust I've seen that I like more is the custom pipe on Racevrod's enduro-racing R with the twin BOS cans, but that would probably be a bit more pricey, if I could even get it done.)
I emailed them regarding the picture shown (http://www.wheelsforwinners.com/deutsch/Galerie/ShowRoom/V_RodBecker/BilderT/BildKlein/Bild_1.jpg). Here is the response that I received. I'll attach the PDF breakdown of costs(pricey) - Not sure, yet, if I have to send them my headers for mod, or exchange:

Attached you find the offer for this exhaust system.

The endmuffler is made by Kess-Tech, but the headder is special custom
made by us.

Regards

Philippe
Ricks Motorcycle GmbH

Rick’s Motorcycles GmbH
Flugstrasse 1
76532 Baden – Baden

Tel.: +49 (0)7221/ 3939 - 0
Fax.: +49 (0)7221/ 3939 - 150

www.ricks-motorcycles.com

GF Patrick Knörzer
Amtsgericht Mannheim
HRB 202458

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Okay, got the skinny. The system is called Dr. Jekill & Mr. Hyde. (www.jekillandhyde.nl) One of the mechanics that did the install gave me a flyer. They basically gut the inside of ANY-that is ANY-V rod mufflers, and insert their system. Sounded great, but simply can't justify the expense.

Attachments

·
insane vrod posse...
2,018 Posts
Fletch said:
I emailed them regarding the picture shown (http://www.wheelsforwinners.com/deutsch/Galerie/ShowRoom/V_RodBecker/BilderT/BildKlein/Bild_1.jpg). Here is the response that I received. I'll attach the PDF breakdown of costs(pricey) - Not sure, yet, if I have to send them my headers for mod, or exchange:

Attached you find the offer for this exhaust system.

The endmuffler is made by Kess-Tech, but the headder is special custom
made by us.

Regards

Philippe
Ricks Motorcycle GmbH

Rick’s Motorcycles GmbH
Flugstrasse 1
76532 Baden – Baden

Tel.: +49 (0)7221/ 3939 - 0
Fax.: +49 (0)7221/ 3939 - 150

www.ricks-motorcycles.com

GF Patrick Knörzer