Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Buy American!
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
WTB: Dunlop 240 or Dunlop 250

If anyone has a Dunlop 240/40R-18 or 250/40R-18 that is nearly new and you want to sell it cheap, PM me.

The last digit in the four digit date code embossed on the sidewall must be 8, 9, or 0.

I would rather have the D407 (Rocker tire), but the stock D419 E3 will do.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Ok, share the knowledge! Why only 8, 9, or 0?
I may have to edit my signature

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Ok, share the knowledge! Why only 8, 9, or 0?
I may have to edit my signature
The D407 is a great dry weather tire for a Dunlop...

Dr how soon do you need it? I am just about to my "free" tire replacement mileage and still have some tread left on the D407 I have on my bike now if you still need it in a couple weeks.

·
Buy American!
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The D407 is a great dry weather tire for a Dunlop...

Dr how soon do you need it? I am just about to my "free" tire replacement mileage and still have some tread left on the D407 I have on my bike now if you still need it in a couple weeks.
I really just want to save some money on my next tire change. I might even be able to help someone here unload their garage corner in the process. I still have about 1,000 miles to go on this one, which is about two hot summer months.

In other words, I have some time to find someone who has a nearly-new take-off. If I don't find one, a new D419 E3 250 is only $139.99 or less (with discount code) shipped.

·
Buy American!
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the last 2 digits stamped into the sidewall for the DOT code are the year that the tire was made. atleast that is how it was with car tires, should be the same with MC tires
That is correct. The first two digits are the week (1 thru 52), the second two are the year (00-10).

The fresher the tire, the better.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Well after last weekend I don't think you are going to want my tire... it no longer holds air and has a big bald spot in the middle, just thought I would at least give you the heads up thoughso you weren't expecting it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.