1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Call the parts department

(281) 295-1000
Republic Harley Davidson

So......Zanotti's HD has the Neutral Gear Switch (part 33902-98A) for $11.95, Bike Bandit for $13.95, Mancuso North and Crossroads HD $15.95 and wait for it..........Republic HD told me the part is obsolete, so in order for anybody with a VROD in the US with a shorted Neutral Gear Switch the only way to get it from Harley is to buy a new engine block. Yup, you read that right. YOU NEED TO BUY A NEW ENGINE BLOCK to get a neutral gear switch according to Republic HD.

I filed a complaint with HD.

Call and ask, this guy is not joking. He told me he even went on the internet and said the part is obsolete.

·
Registered
672 Posts
they will never live this one down

·
Premium Member
10,800 Posts
Wow!!!

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
That must mean anyone with a 98-newer Dyna, FLH, and Softail would need a new transmission when they have a bad neutral switch. Good thing I have a couple extra in the garage.

·
Greg
604 Posts
So, if I understand what's being said here, the new engine I just ordered might not be needed? :hidesbeh:

·
brett
9,338 Posts
no ,no ,no u got it wrong, he said if u order the switch,for a lot of money he will throw in a free engine block

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I urge everyone to call and listen to this guy!

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
If Texas had Arizonas laws you would not have that problem.
No.......

We'd be too busy mowing grass that we'd never have time to ride enough to wear out the neutral switch. No thanks!

·
Blowin' Smoke
2,647 Posts
I called the dealer here for new rubber inserts for my slotted foot pegs; was told I had to buy new foot pegs to get the inserts for $36 each. Called back a few days later and talked to a different guy, he sent me out what I wanted for $6 each. No problem.

You need to talk to a different guy.

·
Registered
248 Posts
hahahaha the guy you spokewith musta been named "walter" cause i called and asked for a switch and he askedif i have spoke with a "walter" in the past few days regarding this! hahaha, they seem to have gotten it figured out!

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hahahaha the guy you spokewith musta been named "walter" cause i called and asked for a switch and he askedif i have spoke with a "walter" in the past few days regarding this! hahaha, they seem to have gotten it figured out!
hahah! Hopefully he is now "educated". :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts