Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while on vacation in FL. we stopped in at bruce rossmeyers in daytona beach....i found 1 DX sitting between a pimped out deuce and a night train...it did not have a tag on it.so here comes a salesman like a buzzard after a dead possum...i ask him how much for the DX,i saw his eyes looking at the deuce,he starts telling me what all it has and starts to say 34 and i said your not even looking at the right bike....i said how much for the DX again,he says oh you mean the black screaming eagle,i said no the VRSCDX or night rod and pointed to it....oh yeah he says 22,995. i bout shit my pants...sad thing is some dumbass will walk in and buy it. we got people like this at our stealers fukin people out of there money,a salesman who dont even have a clue what he is selling.

·
On Good Ol' Nbr7
7,267 Posts
So you're saying you didn't buy it, 'eh? :D

HoldHard

·
Premium Member
4,153 Posts
WOW! 22 grand for a Black, Screaming Eagle, VRSCDX, Night Rod!!! Awesome.
Just kidding, that is a typical unknowledgable sales rep...

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
I stopped in that Stealership when I was sent to Lake city to work on a damaged Delta 757 in Feb. I was told thats the largest Harley stealership in the USA. I'll bet I talked to the very same DUMBA$$ salesman, as he did'nt know jack about the VRSC line. He did'nt know what a VRSC was, he directed me to the Sporsters. Its a huge and beautiful place, but come-on, get with the program. Bruce was'nt there at the time. Good thing cause I was going to give him an ear full. Bruce has one of those huge International 4door pickup trucks that cost 6 figures. I'll bet he had 10 grand in the graphics alone so I know he's got serious cash. Bike-week really had'nt started yet when I was there. Most of the vendors were just pulling in with their rigs.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Yeah I almost bought a DX, but they put a premium on it was $19,000 (not out the door price), that turned me off, and I also sat on both the vrsca and the dx, I didnt like the way I have to reach for the bars on the dx, and the riding position in general, so I got the A instead(good deal on the price too) and very happy with it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
chrome said:
while on vacation in FL. we stopped in at bruce rossmeyers in daytona beach....i found 1 DX sitting between a pimped out deuce and a night train...it did not have a tag on it.so here comes a salesman like a buzzard after a dead possum...i ask him how much for the DX,i saw his eyes looking at the deuce,he starts telling me what all it has and starts to say 34 and i said your not even looking at the right bike....i said how much for the DX again,he says oh you mean the black screaming eagle,i said no the VRSCDX or night rod and pointed to it....oh yeah he says 22,995. i bout shit my pants...sad thing is some dumbass will walk in and buy it. we got people like this at our stealers fukin people out of there money,a salesman who dont even have a clue what he is selling.

Big freaking deal, you know more about V-rods than a salesman. Do you want some kind of award or something? This guys job is to sell bikes and Harley has a total of 38 different models and the salesman might never sell any V-Rods. Why should he know them better? Maybe he spends his time concentrating on the bikes he sells alot of. People need to quit whinning about being the unloved Harley and get over it. If you like it thats all that matters. :soapbox:

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
X1 MIKE said:
Big freaking deal, you know more about V-rods than a salesman. Do you want some kind of award or something? This guys job is to sell bikes and Harley has a total of 38 different models and the salesman might never sell any V-Rods. Why should he know them better? Maybe he spends his time concentrating on the bikes he sells alot of. People need to quit whinning about being the unloved Harley and get over it. If you like it thats all that matters. :soapbox:
would you give a guy 23,000 dollars if he couldnt answer any of your ? about a bike?

·
Registered
330 Posts
chrome said:
would you give a guy 23,000 dollars if he couldnt answer any of your ? about a bike?
I would move on to someone who did and not think nothing about it. There are two options

1) The guy is just focusing on his core competencies i.e. Big Twin touring bikes.

2) He is a dumbass

Either way I don't care, big deal I just see so many people crying about dealers. I think too many people on this board go into dealers with the attitude that they hate everybody in the place.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
X1 MIKE said:
I would move on to someone who did and not think nothing about it. There are two options

1) The guy is just focusing on his core competencies i.e. Big Twin touring bikes.

2) He is a dumbass

Either way I don't care, big deal I just see so many people crying about dealers. I think too many people on this board go into dealers with the attitude that they hate everybody in the place.
i think most people dont like the attitude that most of the stealers show towards them...i have spent over 50,000 dollars at my stealer and i can walk in there tomorrow and they would act like they dont even know me....most people dont want to do business with a smart ass who doesnt even know what he is selling.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Yeah, that is not the cheapest dealership here in Fl. People buy from him just to say they got their HD in Daytona. The Pig Stand does have fairly descent BBQ though. But the best thing is I met one of our members there, Glenn (vrodbuell2), when he used to work there.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
X1 MIKE said:
So a Work Ethic doesnt apply to HD salesmen? Its their job to answer My questions. ITs His JOB to KNOW the PRODUCT. 38 differnet models, how different are those models really. same engine in most, this one has bags this one doesnt. I am sick of lazy people who don't do their jobs how about that! Not the poor little salesman that cannot study up during those hours of down time to learn what he is selling and in turn become GOOD AT HIS JOB. This goes for any salesman not just the Many HD guys that really suck at their job. How about this instead of bringing me over to a Bike I dont want to see, ask me how I am and WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR ME TODAY. Hey maybe I would like to see the new VRODS. Ok Sir they are right over here. Is that hard? And its true, I do walk in there knowing most the people there dont like my bike so I did MY JOB over the past 2 years, there is only 1 Parts Guy I will deal with (And guess what, He knows just about everything from Buells to Fat Boys) and one Tech Guy ( I dont need salesman anymore)

·
Ron Cooper
1,809 Posts
:bash:
X1 MIKE said:

Are you [email protected]*ing kidding me any salesman for any company better know what the hell he's selling I don't give a damn if its Popsicle sticks to the ice cream man, he better know what kind of wood its made from. Its people like you who don't know :stac: about dick, who run their mouth and enable dealerships to sell bike at ridiculous prices. Chrome has every right to post this thread and now everyone except you has the brains to not go and buy from them. 38 models give me a brake you were the kid in kindergarten who cried about leaning his ABC because there are 26 letters. Apparently the guy doesn't care about the being the unloved Harley owner he's got two v-rods. Why don't you do something more useful with your time like getting together with that salesmen and educating him with all your vast knowledge shouldn't take to long.:angeldev: :chair:

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Buckeye826 said:
:bash:

Are you [email protected]*ing kidding me any salesman for any company better know what the hell he's selling I don't give a damn if its Popsicle sticks to the ice cream man, he better know what kind of wood its made from. Its people like you who don't know :stac: about dick, who run their mouth and enable dealerships to sell bike at ridiculous prices. Chrome has every right to post this thread and now everyone except you has the brains to not go and buy from them. 38 models give me a brake you were the kid in kindergarten who cried about leaning his ABC because there are 26 letters. Apparently the guy doesn't care about the being the unloved Harley owner he's got two v-rods. Why don't you do something more useful with your time like getting together with that salesmen and educating him with all your vast knowledge shouldn't take to long.:angeldev: :chair:
my point exactly,he is the type of guy that will walk in and pay 23,000.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Some of these dealers think that we should be paying a premium just for the privelege of shopping with them..

We have a delaer here used to be the importer of Harley before HD took over a did the distribution themselves... Everything was list price and no deals were ever done.... if you ever asked for anything such as discount or better deal they would just give you a dumb ass look and say sorry we dont do that here...

Well when they would ring me back i would tell them i had bought my bike elsewhere and they would say why????

This has happened four times on different bikes..

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
I would love one for that price, over here they are about 30,000

·
Premium Member
1,296 Posts
X1 MIKE said:
Harley has a total of 38 different models and the salesman might never sell any V-Rods. Why should he know them better?
He's expected to know a whopping 36 products? Wow! What a tough job! He should change to selling ice cream. There is a chain up here called Baskin Robins, they only have 31 flavors so he might be OK. :stilpoke:

·
Guitar, not Gator
8,049 Posts
The kid at Kroger doesn't know jack about cheese, but I still buy it there cause it's the best cheese at the best price :D

1 - 20 of 63 Posts