Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright... so I followed the instruction and took off that plastic black turtle shell to let my baby breathe a little better.... I'm not sure if it's the fact that the sound resounds within the metal turtle shell louder, or there's just less of a noise barrier between myself and the engine.. or what, but it sounds friggin mean when I'm accelerating! Normal riding at a constant rpm doesnt put out any special sound, but when I'm rap on it or take off from a red light... geez, I nearly mess myself at the sound.... I'm going to get a damn speeding ticket from doing that...

·
1130cc Ninja
3,972 Posts
topless is cool!

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Its like opening up a 4barrel carb on a V8 engine. After awhile, you wont even notice it. When I first put my 16GA's on, Holy Crap, those were loud, I was worried about the neighbors at 5:30 in the morning. Now, I barely notice the noise even, in the morning. Its just a sound you get use to.

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
Yeah I like the induction noise, just waitning on the pipes for mine now.

·
Registered
63 Posts
KemahNightrod said:
Alright... so I followed the instruction and took off that plastic black turtle shell to let my baby breathe a little better.... I'm not sure if it's the fact that the sound resounds within the metal turtle shell louder, or there's just less of a noise barrier between myself and the engine.. or what, but it sounds friggin mean when I'm accelerating! Normal riding at a constant rpm doesnt put out any special sound, but when I'm rap on it or take off from a red light... geez, I nearly mess myself at the sound.... I'm going to get a damn speeding ticket from doing that...

Add a CFR pipe and you will know why I have to show up in Old Bridge court on the 25th!

F'ing sound is like crack................and the power is like pouring gas on a fire!

it all just makes you want to go go go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
6,735 Posts
I used to turn the air filter cover upside-down to get the same effect on my cars with V-8's. The intake roar is a truly great sound.

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Pondo said:
I used to turn the air filter cover upside-down to get the same effect on my cars with V-8's. The intake roar is a truly great sound.

:them: That's funny because we us to do that on the strip back in high school to make the cars sound beefer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts