Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 479 Posts

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Some claim VRSC, Others Claim V-MAx. I dont see it, I see a Hefty Monster and LOVE IT!!!

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
looks like a Street Rod or F with an NLC body kit and DX headlight cowl

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
could be the reality of the infamous Vyper that they have had in the bullpen for the past few years. Maybe figuring that HD may drop the V, they could launch a bike in that class and pick up a few customers.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
looks like a Street Rod or F with an NLC body kit and DX headlight cowl
WOW is THAT A Stretch (and Insult to fine Italian Design) I see 2 wheels and thats where the similarities End.

·
Registered
110 Posts
WOW is THAT A Stretch (and Insult to fine Italian Design) I see 2 wheels and thats where the similarities End.
Yea, I've been following this. I see what may be my next bike.

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
Unless the Street Rod front end was stolen from Ducati, that front end looks like a Street Rod. Other bikes have headlight cowls, but wasn't the VRod the first cruiser with and aerodynamic headlight? That Ducati has a left-side swingarm...something no stock VRod has, OK. And the body kit could be any sportbike/generic, but looks like and NLC design. We know of your heavy biases, esp. to the Ducati. My comparison is no stretch. If I had PS skills, I'd show you a VRod that looks like that Ducati sketch.

There's only so much you can do with a motor, 2 wheels, and handlebars to be different from the rest, but Ducati does do it best.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Unless the Street Rod front end was stolen from Ducati, that front end looks like a Street Rod. Other bikes have headlight cowls, but wasn't the VRod the first cruiser with and aerodynamic headlight? That Ducati has a left-side swingarm...something no stock VRod has, OK. And the body kit could be any sportbike/generic, but looks like and NLC design. We know of your heavy biases, esp. to the Ducati. My comparison is no stretch. If I had PS skills, I'd show you a VRod that looks like that Ducati sketch.

There's only so much you can do with a motor, 2 wheels, and handlebars to be different from the rest, but Ducati does do it best.

Looks like a Monster front end to me.

That Sketch looks more like the Euro Vrods we see more than the actual Bike the guy is riding.

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
San Francisco probably has more Ducati per capita,but haven't yet seen the Vyper. Rumors have it that a new Ducati will be unveiled at Laguna Seca today @ 1 PM....see yah
Just googled ,"Ducati Vyper cruiser"...the clay model looks cool.
It'll competing with the V-Max and V-Rod.
Vyper with Raked inverted front,low slung seat and single sided swing arm.The only thing I won't enjoy is the Ducati dry clutch sound.

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/bikes/ducati-vyper-spy-shots

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
potential

Looks like 25lbs of miss matched parts bolted onto a 10lb frame with 1982 Honda wheels.
Have engineers run out of ideas for wheels,or are they just to lazy to design new ones?
Yes,there is potential to improve.

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Looking at it, it looks more like a Laverda/MV or Bimoto as opposed to a Duc. Kinda looks like the front end of the Brutale.

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
lux...look at the triple trees in the sketch...STREET ROD

The only obvious difference b/n the sketch and my "stretch" is the Ducati trellis

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
MCN has a few really good shots of it. It does look like a Biggger Monster, which it well may be. I remember touring the factory and there were a bunch of test bikes outside the facility with the same "data logging type" things hanging off the side/rear like the one in the pic. To be exact, it was a Multistrada that was there, a year before it was released.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
1 - 20 of 479 Posts