Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did it. Muscle exhaust on my DX.

I know there are folks that don't like them and consider them inferior to a 2 into 1 setup. Well, I did the 2 into 1 since 2008 and honestly I can say, good riddance. After I post this, I'm ordering some V&H slip ons. They sound awesome on my wife's F, so that should be the happy medium I'm looking for.

I know someone will ask, so....yes, I'll sell my 2 into 1 Indy. I'll consider offers, but I'll tell you up front, they've been running strong since early 2008. The set screw that holds the baffle in isn't even visible due to dragging, one of the spring holder is scraped completely off, but they're wrapped pretty good :D

Thanks to Jason Phillips!!!!

Bam

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nice work. I have been thinking about this mod. Was it hard? Will the mounting hardware fit the DX, or did you have to be creative?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice work. I have been thinking about this mod. Was it hard? Will the mounting hardware fit the DX, or did you have to be creative?
I got the complete setup from a forum member, brackets etc all stock muscle parts. Bolted right up in about 45 minutes.

That looks cool !!!

I noticed you have a custom derby cover ??? is that a Porsche logo on there?
Yep, both sides via Pondo a few years ago.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Nice! Glad I could help a fellow member out. They are gonna look sick powder coated black. Can't wait to see the final product, we need to hook up for a ride!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice! Glad I could help a fellow member out. They are gonna look sick powder coated black. Can't wait to see the final product, we need to hook up for a ride!
No doubt!!! Rolling Thunder is coming up soon too.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This does look good. How is the lean angle clearence? Muscles sit a little higher don't they?
I haven't rode it yet, but my wife has a 2011 F model, her's never....rarely scrapes

what seat fender tire size combo please
Seat: Stock DX Seat cut down and reformed in the rear
Fender: American Ironhorse Slammer fender I got off ebay for $50
Tire: 280 Metzeler

·
Registered
312 Posts
I did it. Muscle exhaust on my DX.

I know there are folks that don't like them and consider them inferior to a 2 into 1 setup. Well, I did the 2 into 1 since 2008 and honestly I can say, good riddance. After I post this, I'm ordering some V&H slip ons. They sound awesome on my wife's F, so that should be the happy medium I'm looking for.

I know someone will ask, so....yes, I'll sell my 2 into 1 Indy. I'll consider offers, but I'll tell you up front, they've been running strong since early 2008. The set screw that holds the baffle in isn't even visible due to dragging, one of the spring holder is scraped completely off, but they're wrapped pretty good :D

Thanks to Jason Phillips!!!!
nice to see another one join the club :D
Bam

·
Registered
487 Posts
Nice work man, looks good, I like seeing something different.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pics - review

Took a test ride this morning: loss of power....uhhhh yeah, but it's sooooo smooth. Did some searching for a PC III map, came across a SE filter, topless stock exhaust map, seems to work fine. No studders, smooth throttle, etc.

Forgot how smooth these are from the factory. V&H comp slip-ons arrive Tuesday, can't wait. My wife's setup is throaty, but smooth so we'll see how the DX likes em, like there's a difference :D

No scraping on either side.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
jsims, the duals look good and I think the V&H will make it even better. Your lower stance seems to have a higher chance of scraping with the stock dual pipes but I haven't scraped exhaust since removing the stock pipes...

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, they're pretty low when slammed. I normally ride about an inch or so higher than that. I couldn't stand those stems sticking out, so I took the end caps off and cut them down flush to where the end caps mount. Can't wait for the slipons. My wife said it sounds like a sissy bike. It's a good "very temporary" change though.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts