now to figure out the brake side....

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
Just watchout for the backseat driver!!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Looks real clean, One of the best mods I did to my D . I for one am not worried about the brake as using it at Hwy speeds the seconds I lose to get my foot back most likely won't help anyhow lol

·
Dean
775 Posts
Looks good. My assumption is that when you shift one...the other shifter moves as well?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Made it from different parts pm me and i will give you the list of parts. Got most of them from members on the forum.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I love this mod! is available for brake as well? Please some one send me more info!!

08 Night Rod
The Brake Can be done but it's a lot harder to have both work. Where this is just a easy linkage mod that works very well.

If you ride up on the Forwards more then the mids then you might want to look into a Mid to Forward conversion.

I just wouldn't want to have 2 masters or linkage going that far on my brakes .

·
Registered
46 Posts
OK so no mid controls

I can get by with no mid controls I only get off my hiway pigs to shift. I don't really want to spend $1000 on a conversion and am looking for a cheaper fix.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would keep both but i wouldnt do the brake cause you realy dont need to use the rear brake in a emergancy stop you shouldnt touch the rear brake anyway. All your stop power is from your front.

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
I would keep both but i wouldnt do the brake cause you realy dont need to use the rear brake in a emergancy stop you shouldnt touch the rear brake anyway. All your stop power is from your front.
BOTH brakes should be used for stopping! The front has the most effect but should be balanced with the rear brake.

Try it out somewhere quiet, and prove it to yourself! Both brakes together have the best stopping power.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Go really fast and hit both brakes hard and your back wheel will lock up unless you have abs. Your rear brake is good to scrub of speed but not good for a panic stop cause hitting your front brake hard takes the weight off of the rear and it will lock up and slide. Sliding is not good for control.

·
day dreaming...
1,795 Posts
depends on the application, I agree with sonny. for leisure riding use forward control where there is only front brake, this should be fine as you can do engine braking for rear if necessary. Spirited riding will use mid control where you have rear brakes too. Best of both worlds!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Question sonny, what type of footpeg did u use? I bought the shift rod and the shifter assembly but the shifter doesn't work with the nightrod footpeg , what part do I need?

I have an 06 vrscd and I bought the shifter and rod for a 06 vrsca as advised by another member , thx again bro

1 - 17 of 17 Posts